Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

anyone have pictures of stock TT wheels using wider tires? For example, 275 or 285 on the stock 17x9.5 rear wheels? I'm particularily looking for how wide the rear tires are, and how close they are to rubbing the fenders.

I have a set of 17x9.5 rear wheels trying to see if 275 or 285 tires in the rear will rub, because the offset is +33, which is 17mm different from the stock +50.

thanks alot guys!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Globe,

When I was on the stock wheels, I ran a set of 315/30/17's BFG TA K/D's out back... They hooked like you wouldn't believe, but at the expense of handling... The car felt a bit sloppy through tight turns (Almost a "wobble") due to the tire overhanging the wheel, and allowing much more flex than a well fitted proper sized tire would have allowed. The 275's were a much more reasonable compromise. I had a slight rubbing issue on bumps/launching, though the problem would have been fixed with rolled fenders.

The tires looked pretty nasty from the back end... 315's on the stock wheels is a LOT of rubber out back. From the side, the sidewalls flared out from the lip of the wheels approx 1-2 inches. Looked very strong.

~Nick

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will and 1badsup, thanks alot for the pics! They help alot :D

ineedboostbad said:
go 275/ 35 /17 not 40's as they are nearly an inch taller and ofset the weight balance...
sorry, I forgot to mention that these wheels are going on a N/A Supra, which uses 225 and 245 stock 16" tires. I did a calculation with tire size calculators, and found that 245/45/17 and 275/40/17 are the best sized tires when going up from stock 16"s.

I was just worried about rubbing in the back, with a different offset compared to stock 17" wheels. But I guess that shouldn't be a problem, judging from the pictures.

thanks alot guys! really appreciate it. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts