Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much weight did you save? Removing the radio/speakers, AC, cruise control, TCS motors, replacing steering wheel w/ one without an airbag, removing passenger airbag, removing factory belt systems, removing rear seat, removing all the spare/emergency junk, replacing factory seats w/ lightweight one piece race seats etc...

Has anyone seen a lightweight rear hatch on the market? Or even a lexan window to replace the tank ass glass in the hatch?

Also, anyone with the bolt in 6pt autopower cage? Does it block the glovebox?

I want to get the pig down to around 3000lbs...

-mike

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
fleadh said:
How much weight did you save? Removing the radio/speakers, AC, cruise control, TCS motors, replacing steering wheel w/ one without an airbag, removing passenger airbag, removing factory belt systems, removing rear seat, removing all the spare/emergency junk, replacing factory seats w/ lightweight one piece race seats etc...

Has anyone seen a lightweight rear hatch on the market? Or even a lexan window to replace the tank ass glass in the hatch?

Also, anyone with the bolt in 6pt autopower cage? Does it block the glovebox?

I want to get the pig down to around 3000lbs...

-mike
before you go all stupid and insane on doing something like that. Think about this. if your even BPU, how much traction do you have?

2 RIP

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Anyone gutted their interior? (weight saving questions)

2 RIP said:

before you go all stupid and insane on doing something like that. Think about this. if your even BPU, how much traction do you have?

2 RIP
Traction effects due to a lighter weight arent of any concern. Its a track car (road race), not a street racer. :)

-mike

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well you could recarpet the car

i'm more in the F-body crowd and the late LS1 cars are pigs

some of them take out their factory carpeting (weighs like 35-40lbs) and replace it with much thinner and lighter material weighing in around 10lbs max

i believe the carpet was called Orlon and they cut one big piece for the entire interior that goes to the back seats and another that goes over

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Recarpeting would just put more weight in the car b/c toyota made our carpets to be hollow fibers. Basically like a tube, which regular carpet isn't.

2 RIP
learn something everyday.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2 RIP said:
Recarpeting would just put more weight in the car b/c toyota made our carpets to be hollow fibers. Basically like a tube, which regular carpet isn't.

2 RIP
learn something everyday.
boy now that is interesting

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'll tell you this much, Driver leather power seat = 49 lbs , passenger leather seat = 39 lbs, rear leather seats (top and bottom) total 26 lbs. I know cuz i weighed them :) SO by ditching everything mentioned and throwing in a light weight racing shell you have already saved approx 100 lbs.

Then do the easy stuff, spare, tools, mats, light weight wheels, that's another 60 or so lbs probably. Then the radio and other things that you will start to miss if you ever drive it on the street. :)

Oh yeah, the #'s quoted were off of my '94 TT.

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
The A/C unit and blower..etc...weighs in at a hefty 80lbs...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts