Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
AfriCAN AmeriCANT
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a "good" sponsorship proposal outline? Im tired of payin for shit i wanna see if i can get soemthin for free while i dont have my car. I'll represent their ass all day. Im not lookin to put stickers all over my car so im tryin to get some seats right now. So can n e one hook a brova up?

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
you need to have a CLEAN car.... and unique stuff. I have had sponsorship's... just post pics of your car over the internet...

·
AfriCAN AmeriCANT
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ckanderson said:
you need to have a CLEAN car.... and unique stuff. I have had sponsorship's... just post pics of your car over the internet...

i have a miata so it's not that popular of a car at car shows and what not......but a proposal is a proposal i have one written up but would like to compare it to one that has gotten sponsored if possible

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
I never had to write one... I was just propositioned over the internet.

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Good luck.

Companies want the best exposure for their dollar. Proving to them why your Miata is worthy of free product over the next guys fully built 350Z or Scion is going to be tough. The one thing I have learned lately about this field is "If you build it they will come". I tried to get a few things for my Supra while it was being built with no luck, low and behold once it was seen then the interest built up. The same can be said of race cars, no one wants to sponsor a race car that hasn't run yet, this industry has been burnt one too many times recently by things such as this. A good proposal is well written and reflects the owner and the car, it also includes good details such as where the car will be seen, the recent exposure numbers for those shows/races, as well as magazine promises with circulation numbers. There is a lot more researched involved in this other than just putting "Here is my car, give me free parts and I'll tell my friends". If you can't personally come up with a good proposal, don't expect the companies to come up with a reason to sponsor you product.

Craig Liberman on this board is probably the most experianced person when it comes to this field, do a search for some of his posts and your bound to find some insight.

·
To the MSB BAtman!
1,690 Posts
their is no such thing as free when sponsorship is in the game. i know many supra owner who have been sponsored and STILL have to pay for what the sponsors offer them! the only token is that they get it before anyone and its discounted by 35% AND by the time you get your car to be NOTICED with all the goodies you spent your life savings on...their is no longer anything to be done for the sponsor to do!

·
Kirisute Gomen
2,747 Posts
n00bster said:
their is no such thing as free when sponsorship is in the game. i know many supra owner who have been sponsored and STILL have to pay for what the sponsors offer them! the only token is that they get it before anyone and its discounted by 35% AND by the time you get your car to be NOTICED with all the goodies you spent your life savings on...their is no longer anything to be done for the sponsor to do!
Alot of sponsors will pay you back for show entrance and registration fees, free meals, paid hotel stays for a show. It all depends on who you get, if you're good to your sponsors they will be good to you.

And actually if your sponsor sees you got all what they have, they will get prototype products on your car as well.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
go to craig's site (of F&F fame), register, and download the "How to Get Sponsored" book he has written (it's free.)

it's a lot of hard work...

http://www.moviecarz.com/

·
Registered
250 Posts
caredn242 beat me to it.

Yes, there's some info there.

As a quick note, just remember that in some cases, "sponsorship" really means "product disount."

Just avoid places like CarSponsorships.com. You pay a fee, and for nothing else than for the "privilege" of buying parts from them at a discount...and the legal agreement they make you sign includes MANDATORY decal placement (WTF??? putting decals on your car for parts you paid for!?!?!?) plus you sign away your rights to using your car's image (which means they can make t-shirts, posters, whatever, featuring YOUR car, sell these items, and not give you a DIME!!)

Email me privately if you have ANY questions.

[email protected]

·
AfriCAN AmeriCANT
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
craiglieberman said:
caredn242 beat me to it.

Yes, there's some info there.

As a quick note, just remember that in some cases, "sponsorship" really means "product disount."

Just avoid places like CarSponsorships.com. You pay a fee, and for nothing else than for the "privilege" of buying parts from them at a discount...and the legal agreement they make you sign includes MANDATORY decal placement (WTF??? putting decals on your car for parts you paid for!?!?!?) plus you sign away your rights to using your car's image (which means they can make t-shirts, posters, whatever, featuring YOUR car, sell these items, and not give you a DIME!!)

Email me privately if you have ANY questions.

[email protected]

thanks man. email sent

1 - 10 of 10 Posts