Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any ideas for front license plate mount. I live in NYC and the fines are pretty expensive for not having a front plate. I dont have holes drilled in the bumper but was wondering if anyone knows where i can get a bracket that bolts on from the mouth of the bumper where you would normally put the fmic. I am trying to figure out ways to mount the plate in the front without drilling holes.

·
Well Balanced
508 Posts
Same thing here in Ohio. I was thinking about getting one of those wangan license plate holders that flip under the bumper at high speeds. I'd drill the bottom of the opening though so that if I did decide to remove it, there would be no holes visible. Sorry, I don't have a picture of this setup.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
You could buy some aluminum, or steel, plates. They look like really long rulers. They are about 1" wide, 1/8" thick, and in 4' or 6' lengths. Shouldn't be to hard to fabricate some brackets

·
592 Posts
Indeed, zipt ties are your friend. My car never had the holes either.

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
I have mine front mounted as well but had holes in the bottom panels rather than the bumber to hold it in place with screws.

O

·
0 Posts
That flip up set up is the shit. Alot of tuners running around Okinawa with that type of mount...spring loaded and flips back at high speeds to hide from the cameras!

·
Registered
20 Posts
All of the tickets I've got for no front plate were by the meter maids while I was parked.

So I made a mount for the front plate with a plastic license bracket and attached another 12" plastic arm to it. When I park I stick it through the lower front grill - no more plate tickets.

I have a 95 SC300 but I'm sure you could find somewhere to stick on the Supra.

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,510 Posts
If you have the stock front bumper still and dont mind drilling holes for a bracket in the lower plastic lip (the one that some replace with the RMM), you could put it there... this way you would not be putting holes in the actual bumper and you wouldnt get tickets anymore! Tony (member name homerocks) had this done to his and it actually looked very good. I dont know how often he is on anymore, but you could try PMing him. If you cant find him PM me and I can try to contact him for a few pictures of how it looked for you. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

·
Edge On The GE-T Epidemic
575 Posts
Well if you have an aftermarket front bumper you can do this , get some nice alluminum polish it up to chrome and position it where ever you like , here's mine . i used two bolts and some alluminum , polished it up and i love it. NYC represent man good luck ,

·
Highway Demon
2,875 Posts
here's a pic of mine i used couple peices of metal brackets to make it.. fairly simple

i drilled the hole in the top of the lower vent on my stillein bumper so if i ever remove it you can't see any hole on the bumper what so ever.. my friend positioned his lic. plate the same way on his supra but he had the stock bumper.. what he did was he used 2 L shaped brackets and the way he mounted them was to sandwich them between the lip and the bumper.. using the factory mounting bolts for the lip to secure it instead of just wedging it only.. we both chose to put it on the passenger side of the car because it dosn't block the fmic or the ps cooler mounted on the driver side opening either..

Brian

·
Registered
106 Posts
OkiT04 said:
That flip up set up is the shit. Alot of tuners running around Okinawa with that type of mount...spring loaded and flips back at high speeds to hide from the cameras!

Yeah, I forgot the name, but there is a company (probably more than one) that sells a remote controlled flip up liscence bracket. You just flip the switch and it lifts the liscene up into the grill. Although I would only suggest this on an aftermarket bumper with a large mouth. Very cool, I plan on getting one myself. Cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts