Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
What model of JIC coils are you looking at because last I heard all the JIC coils released for the MKIV were non height adjustable. Also I believe most other JIC coils are non height adjustable..

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
some guy was selling a $3000 set for $1200 on the Parts trader a LONG time ago.. they were orange I believe.. they had height adjustability... thats what the 4" or so threaded sleeve was for where the spring rested.. those are the only ones I have seen though... so I dont know.. they looked really nice and I wanted to buy them.. but didnt have the cash...

I dont know anything about JIC.. but these ones looked really nice based on appearence... Im guessing they are good based on testimonials.. Id like to hear some input as well :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
First of all, the top of line JIC coilover for JZA80 Supra, FLT-A2, does not cost $3000. It retails for 195,000 Yen, which is about $1700 using 115:1 FX rate. You can buy them new for ~130,000 Yen ($1200) or less in Japan.

All JIC coilovers are height adjustable. Only FLT-A2 can adjust damping levels (15 levels). JIC coilovers are very popular among drifters in Japan, the circuit racers prefer other brands. Having said that, FLT-A2 for JZA80 comes standard with 20 kg/mm front springs and 12 kg/mm rear springs. That's ~1100 lb/inch front and ~680 lb/inch rear. You'll get a pretty rough ride on the street.

JIC also make a rear toe adjustment link for the 80 Supra.

--Joey

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
NA2TT said:
First of all, the top of line JIC coilover for JZA80 Supra, FLT-A2, does not cost $3000. It retails for 195,000 Yen, which is about $1700 using 115:1 FX rate. You can buy them new for ~130,000 Yen ($1200) or less in Japan.

All JIC coilovers are height adjustable. Only FLT-A2 can adjust damping levels (15 levels). JIC coilovers are very popular among drifters in Japan, the circuit racers prefer other brands. Having said that, FLT-A2 for JZA80 comes standard with 20 kg/mm front springs and 12 kg/mm rear springs. That's ~1100 lb/inch front and ~680 lb/inch rear. You'll get a pretty rough ride on the street.

JIC also make a rear toe adjustment link for the 80 Supra.

--Joey
Thanks for the input. I talked to them and they offered to change the spring rates to something a little more streetable. I guess they set-up a lot of race cars here in the US.

On another note, TIEN is coming out with an electronic box to control dampening while in the car, it was pretty trick. So I'm comsidering that too.

Oh, and JIC just came out with a titanium cat-back exhaust for the WRX, it weighs f*cking 8 lbs. Do you believe that? 8lbs. More applications to come too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts