Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have the knockoff TRD wing made of fiberglass? I was just curious if it needed alot of work to install or if the craftmanship was decent and it installed fairly easily.....thanks!

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
i got a trd replica, all carbon fiber. fitment is perfect. Carbon is perfect. I sold a couple on here.

it's brand new $400 shipped to you.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
i got one off ebay that has a carbon center. it fit really good but i came with regular philips screws so i had to change that out with security screws. i might also have to have the carbon gel coated because it might start turning yellow but looks great right now. not bad for $350 shipped.

·
Blue Thunder
3,590 Posts
I don't know which one I have, but i had to drill new holes in the hatch. About 1/4in forward, cause the rear base had an overhang. Fits perfect now. Excellent quality CF and the FG is great too.
Just the mounts were a tad off.

B

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok awesome thanks for the offer but i ordered on already from ebay as well and from what I can tell it is the same one that everyone on here has so that makes me feel a little better lol.....

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
actually now that you mention it, $9ktt, i had to expand the existing holes about 1/4" but it was not big deal.
i've heard the CF on the RMM starts to split after a while, anyone know more about this?

·
Enter The Supra
1,903 Posts
i got one off ebay that has a carbon center. it fit really good but i came with regular philips screws so i had to change that out with security screws. i might also have to have the carbon gel coated because it might start turning yellow but looks great right now. not bad for $350 shipped.
I have the same on mine... does anyone have the problem with the center wing moving up and down? I wasn't sure if it was a parts quality issue or if my bodyshop just didn't use lock-tite..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts