Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be fabbing up my downpipe and midpipe within the next week and I'm going to try to fit a 4" exhaust cutout somewhere in the mix. If any of you guys have pics of your cutouts and where they are located, please post them. I'm trying to get some ideas on where to fit this thing. At first glance, it's looking like it might be more of a pain than it's worth. Thanks in advance!

Justin

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
i had a hell of a time finding where i wanted to install mine but i put it next to the trans right before the DP starts bending (right infront of the o2 sensor). its not the best place but i didn't really have a choice since space is tight and there is not very many ways it can go on. you won't be able to put it there for sure if your going 4". if i were to do it again i would put it right where the midpipe makes it first 40deg. bend right after the o2. that way it will exit straight out also. i'm using a DMH cutout with a flow tech pipe. i'll try to get some pics up later. hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My catback is a veilside ti that necks down to 3" where it meets the midpipe. That's why I want the option of a cutout.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow, nice pictures, I really need to get a cutout too. I need that stock exhaust look so I don't get pulled over every 5 minutes.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
With the cut-out open ahead of your O2 sensor....it will make your wideband A/F gauge (if so equipped) useless, correct?

·
Garage Queen Club
2,822 Posts

4" custom made turbo back to the valve. It splits into a 3" "cat-back" for quiet performance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts