Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this thing on the suprastore.com it looks like a wideband they call it near wideband, i just wanted to know if anyone has this and how it works and what not. here is a link:

http://www.suprastore.com/gredairfuelk.html

Brett

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i get the point, thanks for giving it to me straight up, i didn't want to buy a piece of crap, even though this looked pretty cool.

damn seth i just checked out that beast, looks AWESOME for the $340 selling price, i assume you like it? how has the tuning been? i have a brand new dell laptop so it would be sweet to tune in my car, just one question, can you hook up a gauge to that thing?

Brett

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Yes, i'm very happy with it. To properly datalog you need a $99 rpm converter that has a few other inputs too. This way you can tune AF, RPM and 4 other inputs of your choice.

The WB also has 2 programmable outputs that you can do what you want with. Right now I have one going to a LED gauge and i will soon be getting a panel meter too.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the $99 rpm coverter, can you buy that from them? the gauge, where did you get it from? is it a regular like FJO gauge? A/F gauge?

Brett

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Yes, they are releasing the RPM converter with the inputs within a week or 2. As for the gauge, you can use anything with a 0-5v input or anything in between. That means you can use any regular old AF gauge. if you want a display similair to that of FJO you need to get a panel meter.

I'm using a Stewart Warner AF gauge.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I actually just installed it and havn't really gotten a chance to check. i started a topic about AF gauges and how quickly they respond but I didn't really get any answers. i would assume that it is very quick since in reality, AF gauges are just voltometers with LEDs. How long could it take to receive a simple electrical signal? :)

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
seth, i made a search for A/F gauges for the supra, Horsepower freaks, came up with some products, i assume they have to be electrical correct? no mechanical gauges right? i went to the web page of the one you told me, i Found it, it looks nice but wheres the price? was the whole wideband o2 sensor kit hard to hook up? did you put it right after the turbo on the downpipe or near the cat? did you have to drill another hole for the o2 bung? is the unit itself sitting inside your car, or is it hidden? if i get this would you mind me driving up to westchester and you helping me install it?

Brett

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
seth do you think the Defi D-gauge A/F gauge would work? it says intended for 12V cars and hooks up to an oxygen sensor wire.

Brett

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I'll definitly keep you posted on the reaction time. I will know latest by Sunday.

Brett, that will work since it takes a 0-1v input. I don't think t is the best though since it doesn't have any colors and the numbers are fairly small. Unless it has a warning light I would tell you to get something else. I programmed the SW gauge to light its first red light at 13.0:1, that way I know that when the red light flashes I should get off of the gas. I also know that 12.75:1 is the last amber amber light so that is pushing it too. My recomendation would be to get an LED gauge and a panel meter. this way you have the panel meter to tell you in digits the exact AF ratio while the gauge gives you warning lights. I plan to get the panel meter very soon but I figured the warning lights were the most important for now.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
panel meter, you mean we can hook up like a wideband 02 display to the unit?(eg. FJO), could you link me to the gauge that you have?

Brett

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Check out www.sw-performance.com Thats the company that makes my gauge. I got mine from one of their distributors, i think it was Danny's Hot Rod Shop or something like that.

As for the panel meter, they are basically digital displays that read numbers depending on what voltage they receive. Since the outputs on the Innovate unit are programmable you can set the meters to read what you want. All you need to do is find a panel meter that accepts the proper voltage (from 0-5v or anywhere in between) and displays the proper digits (10.0-20.0). I actually havn't looked into panel meters yet so I don't have a recomendation for a good one. i'm sure they are cheap though from the few i've seen on ebay.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok i found it from http://www.racerpartswholesale.com only $85 for the 60mm gauge(2 5/8") not bad.you said that you can set warnings on the gauge? pretty sweet.

Brett

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I got mine for less. Check out their distributors page and look for Danny's hot rod shop.

Also, the gauge doesn't have a warning but the colors themselves are a warning. When the red light goes on, I know to lay off. If it green I know I'm good (or too rich) and certain amber lights show me I'm getting close to running out of fuel. It all depends on how you program the output.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
was the whole wideband o2 sensor kit hard to hook up? did you put it right after the turbo on the downpipe or near the cat? did you have to drill another hole for the o2 bung? is the unit itself sitting inside your car, or is it hidden?

Brett (bumping an old post)

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
The unit was really simple to hook up. My friend has a shop so i took it down there and we drilled and welded the bung onto my MP right near the tranny pan. It needs to be around that far away from the exhaust housing so it doesn't overheat the sensor. Since you have a cat Brett just put it as far away from the turbo but still before the cat. Then I just ran the wire through a little rubber grommet in the passenger side floor. I'm gonna hardwire the unit to a power source too but for now I just have it plugged into the ciggarette lighter.

I ran the wires nicely in the cabin so they are all hidden and the unit is beside my seat. Once i confirm the AF gauge is working properly I'm just gonna tuck the unit away. I'll only use it when i need to press the record buttom to datalog.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts