Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the part no. for the best spark plugs for a stock to mildly modded supra? Is copper generally teh best way to go?

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TRD White Comet said:
Another vote for the MKIV Autolite coppers..... :)

Which ones are those???

The autolite 3923 and the 5503's are both reccomended for the MKIII

While on this subject whats the best plug wires to get?

·
Boostin' to the limit!
482 Posts
stonedworm said:
Which ones are those???

The autolite 3923 and the 5503's are both reccomended for the MKIII

While on this subject whats the best plug wires to get?
The 3923 are the ones listed under MKIV. As for wires, I used Autolite too.... :)

·
Registered
945 Posts
I've never used anything but NGK in mine

·
Registered
710 Posts
NGK #6262 is the copper equivalent to the stock plug according to NGK tech. That's what I'm running in my car (nowhere near stock though) now and it works fine.

For wires, I'd go OEM over NGK, Magnacore over OEM.

Edit: My car idled like crap on 3330s. Everyone's car is different, so I'd just try different plugs until you find one your car likes.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok ill drop by the parts store and pick up some autolite 3923's this afternoon.. what kind of gap are you running on them?

·
Boostin' to the limit!
482 Posts
Mr. Sinister said:
NGK #6262 is the copper equivalent to the stock plug according to NGK tech. That's what I'm running in my car (nowhere near stock though) now and it works fine.

For wires, I'd go OEM over NGK, Magnacore over OEM.

Edit: My car idled like crap on 3330s. Everyone's car is different, so I'd just try different plugs until you find one your car likes.
Bad gapping of the plugs can cause your car to idle bad.

·
Registered
710 Posts
TRD White Comet said:
Bad gapping of the plugs can cause your car to idle bad.
I check the gap on all my plugs before installing them. IIRC, 3330s are 1 heat index colder than stock and have the wrong insulator tip. I'm thinking that didn't help any. But like I said, if they run fine in your car, great. Use them. They didn't in mine so I had to find something else.

·
Big HP = Big Downtime
2,995 Posts
drjonez said:
yeeeep. just a reminder to ALWAYS gap plugs before installing.
Unless they are toyota which i use. They still need replacement once a year it seems. Don't think i can keep up with $100cdn a set

·
Registered
710 Posts
MattOneDime said:
Nobody mentioned NGK 6097's :dunno:
I've got a set of those that I'll install if [when] I put the car on the dyno. I'd stick to a stock heat index plug for normal driving or a stock/mildly modded Supra.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts