Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy wants to sell me his car w/the T-78 turbo in it. It's running about 550hp.
He lives kinda far so I haven't had a chance to drive it. I was just wondering from you single turbo guys..what can I expect?

Performance? Driveabilty..and durability?
How long will that set up last w/street driving?
how streetable is a big single like that?
Is it going to be very laggy?
Is it an older turbo and would I be better w/a quicker spooling smaller turbo for street?
(hardly gonna go to the track..).
If so, which ones?

Thanks for your input.

HOpe people can help me w/some or all of those questions.
Thanks.

·
Registered
980 Posts
The questions you're asking are largely personal preference questions that only you can answer. The only way to answer it is to drive it. I have T78 and really like it.

Also the size turbo isn't what makes it "streetable". Off boost the car will drive the same with a T78 or a SP57 or SP74.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you give me more detail?

Can you give me your experiences w/the T-78? What you use it for ..ur maintenance etc? How much power are you putting out? Can you whoop E55's with it? etc...

Just appreciate your input

·
Registered
980 Posts
Nighttrain said:
Can you give me your experiences w/the T-78? What you use it for ..ur maintenance etc? How much power are you putting out? Can you whoop E55's with it? etc...

Just appreciate your input
Had it for two years. Car is a street car never been to the track. I run a leaded race fuel mix at 25psi and make around 600rwhp.

No maintenance probs. T78 is a well built reliable turbo.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I've got it, but if I had the extra money I'd change it for something that spools faster. Too me it's laggy but I haven't driven anything else. You really need to run race gas all the time if you want the most out of it. 18 psi and pump is a waste when it's capable of 28 psi +. Like was said though, it's a personal thing. You can always swap it out if you don't like it. Boost Logic has an adapter kit so you can put on a different turbo on the Greddy manifold.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts