Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tourist Trophy : The Real Riding Simulator

Anyone got theirs yet? I was at the place I reserved mine last week and they said it will be in on wednesday (5th). But yesterday I was looking at the official Sony website and it said it was to be released today?!! So I'm gonna go hit them up and then drive around town on my lunch break and see if I can score a copy somewhere. Just wondering if anyone had theirs yet or found it somewhere.

·
Registered
81 Posts
EB Games here told me that the SHIPPING date is the 4th. They will have it in tomorrow. Their shipping hub is out of Huston so unless you go as far south as Dallas on your lunchbreak i doubt you will find it today :(

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stoops417 said:
EB Games here told me that the SHIPPING date is the 4th. They will have it in tomorrow. Their shipping hub is out of Huston so unless you go as far south as Dallas on your lunchbreak i doubt you will find it today :(
IS THERE NO GOD?!!? I don't know if I can wait another 24 hours. :D

·
Registered
508 Posts
I was in EB 2 days ago and they told me the 4th too....
I want to see if its as wicked as it looks like it is, I was playing moto gp on xbox for about a week and that was a blast.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I went to 3 different places around here on my lunch, and no one had it yet :rolleyes: Why dont they start listing the IN STORE date instead of the release date??? Oh well, I just ordered it off Amazon.com and saved a few bucks :D Guess I can wait a couple more days, its just a game!

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
94Snake said:
I went to 3 different places around here on my lunch, and no one had it yet :rolleyes: Why dont they start listing the IN STORE date instead of the release date??? Oh well, I just ordered it off Amazon.com and saved a few bucks :D Guess I can wait a couple more days, its just a game!
Back from lunch also, no dice. The guy said I would have my copy by 10:30am tomorrow. Then I'll have to wait until I get off work.

·
El Pollo Diablo
857 Posts
My buddies and I have been playing a copy of the chinese version...
makes modification a bitch, since none of us speak chinese

I have almsot zero experience with the GT games, but I enjoy TT a lot...
takes a bit to get the leaning and cornering under control, and you have to be much smoother than in any of the GTs I have played.
Also, there is no money system, you 'challange' for all of your bikes, and win parts/riding gear instead of having to buy it.

All that having been said, I am a big fan of this game, lots of fun racing, and just messing around with Wheelies, Stoppies, getting the back end out, etc.
oh yeah, Busa's are scary as shit.

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SnowMongoose said:
My buddies and I have been playing a copy of the chinese version...
makes modification a bitch, since none of us speak chinese

I have almsot zero experience with the GT games, but I enjoy TT a lot...
takes a bit to get the leaning and cornering under control, and you have to be much smoother than in any of the GTs I have played.
Also, there is no money system, you 'challange' for all of your bikes, and win parts/riding gear instead of having to buy it.

All that having been said, I am a big fan of this game, lots of fun racing, and just messing around with Wheelies, Stoppies, getting the back end out, etc.
oh yeah, Busa's are scary as shit.
Just answer one question for me :
Can you add a turbo to the Busa, or is there anyway to acquire a turbocharged hayabusa? :D

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
^I kinda figured that, but that leaves TT2 open for a lot of additions :)

·
El Pollo Diablo
857 Posts
As far as I know, no turbos, the modifications seem limited to gearing, suspension, exhaust, and customizable riding styles/body postioning.
<again, don't speak chinese, havent complete all the races/etc, so dont know for sure>

Like I said, the Busa is scary fast, <even turbo-less> more than enough for my tastes
<mmmm 600>

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SnowMongoose said:
As far as I know, no turbos, the modifications seem limited to gearing, suspension, exhaust, and customizable riding styles/body postioning.
<again, don't speak chinese, havent complete all the races/etc, so dont know for sure>

Like I said, the Busa is scary fast, <even turbo-less> more than enough for my tastes
<mmmm 600>
Awww damn, well then this game sucks. I didn't know you couldn't mod the bikes to make them faster wtf? Busas aren't that fast in real life stock, I can't imagine how long it will feel in a game lol. Mine is a bore. :yawn:

·
El Pollo Diablo
857 Posts
The need to mod them isn't even that big, since every brand has at least one race spec'd bike already
<at least one doesn't sound good, but is there because a couple brands only have two bikes in the game.... the bigger companies have way more bikes, and thus more race ones>

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SnowMongoose said:
The need to mod them isn't even that big, since every brand has at least one race spec'd bike already
<at least one doesn't sound good, but is there because a couple brands only have two bikes in the game.... the bigger companies have way more bikes, and thus more race ones>
modifying vehicles is the WHOLE appeal of the game to me. I though you'd be able to buy better brakes and ohlin's shocks and CF bodywork and shit like that. :( Suck. :eek:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Its about the SIMULATION aspect of real physics

·
El Pollo Diablo
857 Posts
What seeing this game really makes me want to do is see an equivalent based on the Forza platform.
The damage aspect would obviously be less significant in the gradual sense, but I wouldn't mind seeing a turbo Busa forget to brake for the Corkscrew at Laguna Seca and plow into a wall at a buck thirty.
That and I prefer the forza physics engine.

·
-=R1der=-
371 Posts
My reservation arrived this afternoon. Problem is, I got off work 8:40 and the place closes at 9 with a 1/2 hour drive. =( I have to wait until 10 tommorow to pick up my reserved copy

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TT day TT day TT day TT day.... just a couple more hours and I'll have my copy, can't wait until I get off work at 5 :(

1 - 20 of 140 Posts