Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard this BOV at high boost, but wanted to hear some clips of it at relativly low boost (~15ish psi) any help would be appreciated. Im debating whether to switch out my HKS SSQV's for these....
thanks!

·
Under Construction
555 Posts
Zboost said:
I've heard this BOV at high boost, but wanted to hear some clips of it at relativly low boost (~15ish psi) any help would be appreciated. Im debating whether to switch out my HKS SSQV's for these....
thanks!

Thats pretty ricey if you ask me. If you want one of the best if not the best BOV, get the Tial. If you want a BOV just for sound, save some money and keep yours.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
TwinTurboPete said:
Thats pretty ricey if you ask me. If you want one of the best if not the best BOV, get the Tial. If you want a BOV just for sound, save some money and keep yours.
lol, dude the reason I wan't to switch them is to avoid that ricey sound. I know both HKS and TiAL are very good brands, so you really can't go wrong with either.... just wanted to hear the TiAL at 15ish psi to see if it sounds decent

·
Highway Demon
2,875 Posts
if you think the hks sounds ricey because of the high pitch chirp then replace the insert that creates the noise, to the hks low note insert or perhaps even just remove the insert, which is what i have done.. i personally like the sound of the hks without the tripple fin insert that produces the high pitch chirpy noise.. if you have ever heard the 1st generation ssqv bov that was for sale before the present more common one then you will know how it sounds exactly and if you don't know how it sounds then just go out to your car and remove the insert and go for a test drive and you will know what i mean then.. uses 4 allen screws to hold down the outer sheild cover of the bov and that also holds the insert in place.. remove the sheild and slide out the insert and then just reinstall the sheild w/o the insert and you are done.. if you do not know which allen screws in the front out of the 8 that are there.. you must look at them carefully and you will notice that 4 of the screws will be set in deeper then the other 4 you want to remove the more shallow ones not the deeper set ones..

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
95jza80tt said:
if you think the hks sounds ricey because of the high pitch chirp then replace the insert that creates the noise, to the hks low note insert or perhaps even just remove the insert, which is what i have done.. i personally like the sound of the hks without the tripple fin insert that produces the high pitch chirpy noise.. if you have ever heard the 1st generation ssqv bov that was for sale before the present more common one then you will know how it sounds exactly and if you don't know how it sounds then just go out to your car and remove the insert and go for a test drive and you will know what i mean then.. uses 4 allen screws to hold down the outer sheild cover of the bov and that also holds the insert in place.. remove the sheild and slide out the insert and then just reinstall the sheild w/o the insert and you are done.. if you do not know which allen screws in the front out of the 8 that are there.. you must look at them carefully and you will notice that 4 of the screws will be set in deeper then the other 4 you want to remove the more shallow ones not the deeper set ones..
Just went and took them out.... sounds silent! lol Thanks for the tip, do you know if the purple insert is them same as taking them out or is louder than no insert at all?

·
Highway Demon
2,875 Posts
i would say it sounds very similar to not having it in but the difference is actully when at wot with higher boost and blowing off the purple insert makes more of a hiss sound similar to when blowing off at low boost w/o the insert.. i'll admit it is a bit more quiet compared to when you have the gold tripple fin insert in but the sound itself i think is nicer and draws less attention from the wrong element.. ricers/cops with a hard on to ticket you..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts