Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
HottoMotto
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently obtained an hks rev limiter a couple of days ago. Has anyone ever heard of this? i mean, its really hks, but i've never seen these before. I've just been wondering about the wiring. I'd be nice if i could put this in my car. But if anyone knows out the thing, please tell me. I also called HKS and they couldn't really say anything about the product, as its been discontinued.

anyway, heres some pics of the thing.

the color of the wires are: green, black, white, red, and gray

·
Registered
148 Posts
the only thing that I heard remotely like that is the Speed Limiter from HKS. But I did a search about the HKS Rev limiter and it said that you could adjust the fuel curve and sometime else... ?

·
Back to boosting!
339 Posts
That looks like a 2 step to me...what you prolly do is wire it in and hook it up thru a relay or something in the fashion to your clutch switch (or another one that's handier). Then use it as a launch rev limiter when you drag...MKIVs and standalone guys have been doin this for a while... no more guess and rev while launching :D

·
HottoMotto
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea, i just want to know how to wiring this... it sucks cause i don't know the purposes of the wires... :(

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,086 Posts
I've never heard of this..... It would be bad ass if it would work.

Bad-ass 2 step with 15psi on a launch...? :sadance: (off we go!)

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
hmm...i wonder if its as bad ass of a rev limiter as the SRT-4s.....

·
HottoMotto
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea it would be awesome!!!! i'm thinking about giving up on finding out how this stupid thing works

·
Back to boosting!
339 Posts
yeah, my tec3...it has an aux rev limiter that works nicely as a 2 step... launching with 15 psi is kinda retarded unless you wanna do a rolling burnout on the drag strip. The point of the 2 step is to launch at like 3k with 7 lbs of boost to get you off the line in boost, but still with some traction. Right now, if I set my aux to 3k I can build 5 lbs - and that's with a 7psi spring in my wg! When I pop off the 6.5k limiter, I shoot fireballs at full boost with the wg open :D:D...it's fun to do to ppl tailgating me... I almost burned this civic's bumper with it when I was in Tampa...hahahah he backed off after that...

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,086 Posts
animantoric said:
yeah, my tec3...it has an aux rev limiter that works nicely as a 2 step... launching with 15 psi is kinda retarded unless you wanna do a rolling burnout on the drag strip. The point of the 2 step is to launch at like 3k with 7 lbs of boost to get you off the line in boost, but still with some traction. Right now, if I set my aux to 3k I can build 5 lbs - and that's with a 7psi spring in my wg! When I pop off the 6.5k limiter, I shoot fireballs at full boost with the wg open :D:D...it's fun to do to ppl tailgating me... I almost burned this civic's bumper with it when I was in Tampa...hahahah he backed off after that...

Boooo.... you need slicks, and a HUGE rear end.... SPARE no expenses! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
As I recall from Dr. Jonez's posts a stock ECMed MKIII cannot make use of a two-step because of something having to do with the ignition signal.

Sorry I am being vague at best... it has been a long time since I have even thought about MKIIIs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts