Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Supra Shane
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never got that far and gas milage is killing me.....anyone know how to tweak just like cruising and part throttle?

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Darin called me last week from Palm Beach after he got 28mpg on the highway with a 76mm single. He said he wasn't on it the entire time but he got in the gas a few times, sick mileage if you ask me. This was with the Motec but I'm sure he may be able to help with the AEM.

·
Supra Shane
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn id love 28mpg lol. i run so rich while cruising....like 13.0-13.5 some times at part throttle i see high 12's.

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
He's the tuner for Titan. I'll have him installing and tuning my Motec next weekend and will post the results, I'm expecting similar and then some.

·
1100+rwhp member
1,728 Posts
You dont have cams huh??

·
Registered
658 Posts
my viper gets 8 OFF the throttle :O

i've gone through 16 gallons in 25 minutes on highway... 10-15 60-200+mph pulls racing street bikes

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
TitanDarin said:
Shane,

Shoot me an email, I'd be happy to help you out.
[email protected]

Thanks.
-Darin
Are you the guy Sean was tellin me about? *I suck at names, sorry* If so, he's spoken very highly of you... But yeah, I actually just ordered my AEM last friday from Titan... :sadance:

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
how do you tune partial throttle.. Im not sure how much timing to run on my car (1jz) in vacume? besides getting on a mustang dyno/dynapack or what not? any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
tissimo said:
how do you tune partial throttle.. Im not sure how much timing to run on my car (1jz) in vacume? besides getting on a mustang dyno/dynapack or what not? any suggestions?
Any dyno with an inertia brake would make tuning the cruise and part throttle area of the map easier. You can simply load and hold the motor at any rpm and load point on the map and adjust a/f ratio and ign timing to suit.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
yea i figured that, I wondering on the street though.. currently running ~ 40* of timing at ~ 16 a/f..

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Darin does my AEM Shane and it gets between 24 to 28 mpg if i keep my foot out of it and you know how often i come to town :sadance:

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
onelove said:
He's the tuner for Titan. I'll have him installing and tuning my Motec next weekend and will post the results, I'm expecting similar and then some.
Wes,

Are you selling your AEM ?? =P

1 - 20 of 22 Posts