Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a recirculation kit on my bov, but when I take it off my car won't idle for shit. It's as if the "door" is being open ALL THE TIME. If I put my hand over the outlet, it idles fine.

So I was wondering, there's 2 nipples on the bov. Where do I hook these up to? The way I had it before, I hooked the nipple closest to the "adjustment bolt" up to a source from the manifold. I left the other one out.

I read on HKS and they said it's supposed to be hooked up to a "turbo outlet" or something? Any inputs?

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's what my bov looks like and the install instructions if anyone wants to help. As you can see there's 2 nipples. I have a vacuum line running from the manifold to one of the nipple. The other one is supposed to be ran to the "ic or turbocharger discharge pipe", but wtf is that?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I dont have an HKS Racing bov but from the picture you need to get a source off the turbo compressor housing or the intercooler pipe. If your turbo has the nipple tapped on the compressor housing just get a T and run the side to the bov. If not then take your intercooler pipe to a fabricator and get a nipple welded on it. By the looks of things the bov needs a positive boost source.

·
Banned
1,489 Posts
You have to connect the top port closest to the adjustable bolt. That line sees pressure/vacuum which will allow the valve to open under vacuum. You dont have to connect the bottom port if you dont want to. The bottom port is for a pressure only source, so the compressor will work perfect. If you have the bottom connected it will help open the valve to prevent any compressor surge.

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HyperHoHo1 said:
You have to connect the top port closest to the adjustable bolt. That line sees pressure/vacuum which will allow the valve to open under vacuum. You dont have to connect the bottom port if you dont want to. The bottom port is for a pressure only source, so the compressor will work perfect. If you have the bottom connected it will help open the valve to prevent any compressor surge.
That's the thing, I have the nipple closest to the bolt vacuum lined to a source off the manifold. I left the other port as it is. When the car idles, the bov is always open. When the car is about to die, then the "door" closes. It's really acting weird.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts