Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone here built their a340 themselves (or somewhat themselves)? how involved is it compared to building a domestic tranny? what was your sources for the clutches, etc? any thoughts or comments on this topic would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Getrag Gearhead
1,872 Posts
I'm going to rebuild the auto in my SC400 soon (slipping) there after the getrag swap then the TT-auto will get beefed up. Looking at the service I don't see it being much different from any other domestic RWD transmission. The lack of shift kits make it challenging to fiqure out what mods to the valve body/plates would be required for shift enhancement. I've heard of a lot of guys using a single plate precision industries converter. From my understanding level ten has a valvebody replacement for shift improvement. I some how don't think they make new valvebodies, instead, I believe they modify a OEM valve body (someone could prove me wrong). Also heard of guys wiring the O/D button to engage the stall. Perhaps someone could do a write up on it and its benefits.

Joe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts