Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Slowbra Driver
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a new car and it just seems like at the moment I won't be able to get myself into a MKIV Supra since I'm still in school and money is a little tigher than it will be in a few months. I rode in a friend's SC300 and it was actually a pretty nice ride. Obviously, the 2jz-ge is lacking un the umphh that I'm used to (current car is 400whp Sentra) but it is a sooo much more comfortable and enjoyable without having to look and make sure my car isn't breaking down at every stoplight.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the differences between the SC300 and the SC400? My friend's brother has what I believe is a 95 SC400, but with the 20 inch chrome rims on it it isn't exactly the car I would like to ride in for a test drive.

I'd love to have a turbo V8, but I haven't seen but 1 or 2 turbo V8 Lexus cars in person (one was SC400 and the other was GS400) and both setups were pretty clean.

If anyone could tell me anything about the engine/drivetrain setups and reliability of the Lexus V8's I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
check out clublexus.com.

the SC4 comes with a 4.0 L V8 (1uzfe) that more and more guys are gradually starting to play around with. there are a good bit of GS400s running a TT setup over at clublexus.com with some more SC guys following. there are also a handfull of guys running a custom vortech or paxton supercharger. there isnt a whole lot you can do with the motors naturally aspirated cheaply nor easily. but the SC4 is a nice car. if youre looking for a car in that style but want some more power....i'd recomend the SC300, its easy to find turbo kits for the 2jzge or a cheap 1jzgte swap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts