Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know my threads have been bashed by lots of people but this is my my last question regarding my turbokit!

As the topic says, anyone here runs this turbo?

If so, on what basekit? (BL, SP, PHR)
Fuelsystem or not?
Which HP levels are you at on PUMP GAS at what bar/psi?
How does the anti surge cover sound like? :)
Is it a good streetturbo for cruising around town with some additional street racing?

:D

Thank you guys!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump for another question

Which size inlet is it on the 67 p-trim with anti surge cover housing?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I'm using the PTE67GTQ with the anti surge cover.

I've done ~500whp at 14psi and 530-550 at 18 psi. I would have made more power at 18 psi but we cannot keep the timing reasonbly high with our shitty gas here in California. Under certain conditions I would see some ping at 18 psi and 91 octane. Anyhow, low 500whp on 91 octane is a good number to quote on this turbo with so so pump gas.

·
Banned
336 Posts
Uh

you are using the RPS Big Torque Header, you have extensive headwork done, and cams? Hes looking for 500+rwhp on stock head, on stock cams, with BL header (essentially greddy header) that doesnt flow nearly the amount the RPS BT header does. How can your comparisons be ANYWHERE near what his situation will be? Just try to keep this discussion on the same page. Thats like saying my t88h spools like stock twins, without mentioning im using a 50-shot. Cmon now.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
The headwork isn't going to help much at that boost level and regardless, he didn't say he wouldn't have it at some point so technically it can be done. Also, the header doesn't help for shit at low boost levels as well.

Also, I did 490 on my T66 at 15 psi which was a smaller turbo as well.

What about Andi? He did low 530 something at 18.x psi. That was on a cast manifold and no cams.

I've no doubt that PTE67 GTQ will do low 500whp on pump gas.

Lastly, I answered what his TOPIC QUESTION asked for. I don't know what you're talking about Jack. He asked about the anti surge cover on a 67GTQ. I realize you don't like me but you can at least talk shit when I fuck up, christ.

Jack B said:
Uh

you are using the RPS Big Torque Header, you have extensive headwork done, and cams? Hes looking for 500+rwhp on stock head, on stock cams, with BL header (essentially greddy header) that doesnt flow nearly the amount the RPS BT header does. How can your comparisons be ANYWHERE near what his situation will be? Just try to keep this discussion on the same page. Thats like saying my t88h spools like stock twins, without mentioning im using a 50-shot. Cmon now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts