Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
gt35/40?
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in getting one to finish up my bpu mods, but i was wondering how much did your gas milege drop with this? or did it go up?

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
Mine did not drop at all, in fact it seems like it went up to me. SPE installed mine and tuned it with the stock twins... Now that I am single I am intersted to see what happens with gas.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
michaelvanle said:
Very hard question to answer. I guess it all depends on the tuning, so I don't think it's vpc specific.
I would agree. I do not think it can improve at all. It could be the same or worse. The VPC is a piggy back computer. You can not lean out the oem computer in closed loop. The stock computer will overide your settings everytime to try and achieve a 14:7 A/F ratio.

So basically it could be the same as stock or slightly worse. But if it was tuned right it should be about the same as stock while driving around town.
Just my $.02

·
Registered
904 Posts
cwtt said:
I would agree. I do not think it can improve at all. It could be the same or worse. The VPC is a piggy back computer. You can not lean out the oem computer in closed loop. The stock computer will overide your settings everytime to try and achieve a 14:7 A/F ratio.

So basically it could be the same as stock or slightly worse. But if it was tuned right it should be about the same as stock while driving around town.
Just my $.02

I agree with this statement

1 - 5 of 5 Posts