Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Edit: Holy shit I found it!
I looked ALL day for this paperwork. :rofl:

I drove the car home oneday with the targa off, so I knew I put the paper somewhere in the car that it wouldnt fly out on the freeway (Glovebox wasnt installed at the time, nor lots of things), I ripped the car apart not finding it. Well I guess I havnt used my laptop for about a month, since it was in the car and now sitting on my desk, I closed the paperwork up inside the laptop...... This would have been really bad for me, getting smog is gonna be enough of an issue.

Ok, I HAD the title and everything, all legit and such signed and all that great stuff.
I went and Paid the fee's on it and put it in my name, but they wont issue me a new title until I get the car smogged.

So, I lost my paperwork, I went in the other day to see if I could get a new Registration form for proof of ownership incase I got pulled over.

Well, the guy is now saying that I need to contact 2 previous owners and get signatures and a bill of sale. WTF? I thought I already did this. If I think about this right, I would think if I did not go in asking for that paperwork, simply got the car smogged and brought in the smog paperwork, wouldnt I get my tags and a new title in my name in the mail?

I dunno, I think this guy fucked me over somehow, I cannot find the original paperwork AT all, it simply is not anywhere.

What choices do I have here? I meen I showed them I bought it and Paid for the Tags and Tax and all back fee's like a month ago.

To make things worse, I bought it from a guy that never transfered it into his name, so the owner before him was on the title, and I have NO way of getting ahold of that person, and for some weird reason I need a bill of sale from some other owner that lives in my area, WTF!?

G

·
ouch that sucks big time. DMV's are soo annoying....\
my vote is go to a different DMV and find a young guy. Or ask around all the forusm you can for osmeone to help you out. this aint right. good thing cars are muc heasier to register to your north...

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
bad sale...ur bust.

move to texas.

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hah, fuck Texas, but fuck California to, it's a love/hate relationship living here. (I drove through texas 2 times, people talk weird their lol)
Anyway though, found it thank god, I about was gonna kill myself, after all I have been through doing the swap just to have to loose everything important saying the car was mine...

Oh well, now I can calm down and start the drinkin...

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Actually, if you tell the dmv that the person you bought the car from cannot be located, they give you a form to fill out and sign stating that you were not able to locate previous owner.
Then they keep that signed document and give you that sticker and reg. I did it once and was not a problem at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts