Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sometimes I see dead ppl
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into getting a Turbo A from Okinawa. I'm looking at bringing it in through Canada, getting a VIN from there, and then registering it in the US after that. Anybody know if that will work? Sounds good on paper.

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
Sounds awesome, I'm not sure what the rules and regs with importing a RHD car, but I wouldn't see why not, just I don't think you'll be able to drive it legally till it's considered an antique or classic car, but not totally sure. Hope it works out for ya.

·
Sometimes I see dead ppl
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess in Canada, you can bring in a car that is 15 years or older, and not have to do emissisons and that shit. Then if I do that, I don't see any reason that they wouldn't swap a canadian title to a US one, as long as it has a VIN. The DMV won't care if it is LHD or RHD or any shit like that.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
yes it will work, i seriously doubt you will be able to get it into the states and register it though. I went through this with a skyline until the last few steps i ran out of money and sold it to my freind. It ended up costing a heck of a lot more than i thought though :(

Ang

·
Boostin' to the limit!
482 Posts
jz_killa_t68 said:
I'm looking into getting a Turbo A from Okinawa. I'm looking at bringing it in through Canada, getting a VIN from there, and then registering it in the US after that. Anybody know if that will work? Sounds good on paper.
That's pretty cool Josh, but in the long run, I suggest you just part the WHOLE thing out while you and Ross are still in Japan, save yourself alot of headaches and whatnot.

·
Local Tire Destroyer
1,008 Posts
supra

I am able to get you the car here, i handle the North American end of a Japanese import operation, I just sold an 88 RHD supra with 1JZ swap last week. Pm for details..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts