Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dagger OCHO
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i'm swapping in a 2jz into my 87. all i have left is getting a water pump, serp belt, power steering hose, AFPR, wideband 02, pulley set and a place to make me a downpipe.

i put in a single turbo and i'll be looking for a place to get a downpipe made. anyone know of a good place that can do it for a good price? and the other thing i need help with is the oil feed line for the turbo. i can't find a fitting to screw into the hole. i have -3an lines and i drove all the way up to summit racing just to buy a 1/8 to -3an fitting. i've been all over town and no one has what i need.

last thing i need help with is the wiring. if anyone has any diagrams or writeups that you think might be useful, i sure would like to have them. i bought my 2jz from an aristo and i bought supra 550cc injectors. i don't think wiring up the 7M resistor pack would be very hard. but would it matter if the injectors were grouped together right. or can i just group the first 2, then second 2, then last 2 to the resistor pack?

thanks
niel

·
evil will always triumph
2,225 Posts
contact the guys at mainstream 678-567-9384

they can do the downpipe, oil feed line and probably your wiring......

they have built up a few 2jz 240s that are pretty badass, dave did all my exhaust, hardpipes and cage fabrications :) so i know they are good :)

you could also try batlground for the stuff, they will be able to do most if not all of it i believe and are extremely great peoples!!!!

i got my pulley kit off ebay...... alot cheaper than going to toyota...... and i went to napa for the PS hose.... they for once were actually the cheapest price...

also, have you gotten the 2jz into your car yet???

·
Dagger OCHO
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm waiting on the clutch. once i have that then i can hook it up to the tranny and bolt it into the car. the power steering line you got from napa, if i just ask for a 1994 toyota supra line will it work?. and the oil line all i need is something to convert the 1/8 tip to whatever the banjo bolt is on the block for the stock oil feed line.

thanks, when i get the money i'll give them a call

·
evil will always triumph
2,225 Posts
yea i believe i used a 94 turbo setup too...... for the P/S hose

i believe i went to ATP turbo for the oil fittings..... but their page isnt coming up for some reason :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check out AAP Motorsports in Suwanee off of Buford Hwy. They do everything Supra. They have 3 drag Supras and have done tons of conversions. They also have an inhouse dyno for tuning.

·
Registered
22 Posts
ok, so i'm swapping in a 2jz into my 87. all i have left is getting a water pump, serp belt, power steering hose, AFPR, wideband 02, pulley set and a place to make me a downpipe.

i put in a single turbo and i'll be looking for a place to get a downpipe made. anyone know of a good place that can do it for a good price? and the other thing i need help with is the oil feed line for the turbo. i can't find a fitting to screw into the hole. i have -3an lines and i drove all the way up to summit racing just to buy a 1/8 to -3an fitting. i've been all over town and no one has what i need.

last thing i need help with is the wiring. if anyone has any diagrams or writeups that you think might be useful, i sure would like to have them. i bought my 2jz from an aristo and i bought supra 550cc injectors. i don't think wiring up the 7M resistor pack would be very hard. but would it matter if the injectors were grouped together right. or can i just group the first 2, then second 2, then last 2 to the resistor pack?

thanks
niel
I have a 88 supra and i want do a 2jz swap . cam you make me a list of what i am going to need [email protected]

·
evil will always triumph
2,225 Posts
^^^ 1jz/2jz section of the mk iii section will help you alot.....

i believe the only major difference in the 86 1/2-88 and the 89-92 swaps was that you need a new lower cradle.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts