Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah something seems a little fishy. Also on the one pic, it looks like a Porsche emblem on the front left fender, hard to tell, kind of blurry.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I live like 5mins away from that location, never seen it though in person.....could be a good buy for a TT swap or NA-T

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
WTH is with people and that WOOD DASH?? shits sooo ugly... rims gotta go but the car looks good. all and all not bad for an V8 :nuts:

·
loose cannon
110 Posts
i saw that on ebay a few min ago as well,makes me wonder if its actually a deal or not,depends on how much it sells for i guess.ha, id take it as a first supra..:)

·
Annoyed SF Member
922 Posts
thinking that fender thing is a sidemarker...

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Rolled back mileage for sure. Or maybe he left a 1 out and its supposed to be 130,000 miles. Also whats up with saying it has a V8? I'm betting this is a scam and the scammer took the pics from somewhere on the internet for this. Buyer beware!

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
It also says that its a "single pipe" V8...that must be a really rare version of the MKIV
:hay:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I live in Northern Jersey as well. Never seen it before, and the guy obviously doesn't know anything. Lets take a cruise and bust some balls. Hate scammers.....

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
So I went to check this car out. First of all car is originally black. I looked long and hard for this V8 engine swap but couldn't find it. The paint job on the car is the worst I have ever seen in all my experiences around cars! The car is also not originally wingless, holes were bondo'd close as is also visible. Front lip is broken in 3 places, headlights are shot, interior is pretty beat up. I would say this car has probably north of 125,000 miles easily. The paint job is so bad that you can see huge circles of paint drips on every panel and nothing was removed when they painted the car so there is oversparay everywhere. I made him a lowball offer and he accepted it surprisingly. Then I called to say I was getting a tow truck and he said he sold it to someone else for more money after he said it was mine. I was really pissed at first but then as I sat and thought about it that car is a nightmare and I think I'm lucky I got screwed over and didn't get the car. It sold for $8,500. I offered 7,000 and he said yes. At 7 its worth it to me, but at 8,500 its not. I bet someone in this post bought it and has no clue how bad of shape its really in due to the fact that when you looked at it you couldn't see anything in the pouring rain. I saw it last night under the lights and had a flash light with me. To the new owner: Good luck, your gonna need it.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
So I went to check this car out. First of all car is originally black. I looked long and hard for this V8 engine swap but couldn't find it. The paint job on the car is the worst I have ever seen in all my experiences around cars! The car is also not originally wingless, holes were bondo'd close as is also visible. Front lip is broken in 3 places, headlights are shot, interior is pretty beat up. I would say this car has probably north of 125,000 miles easily. The paint job is so bad that you can see huge circles of paint drips on every panel and nothing was removed when they painted the car so there is oversparay everywhere. I made him a lowball offer and he accepted it surprisingly. Then I called to say I was getting a tow truck and he said he sold it to someone else for more money after he said it was mine. I was really pissed at first but then as I sat and thought about it that car is a nightmare and I think I'm lucky I got screwed over and didn't get the car. It sold for $8,500. I offered 7,000 and he said yes. At 7 its worth it to me, but at 8,500 its not. I bet someone in this post bought it and has no clue how bad of shape its really in due to the fact that when you looked at it you couldn't see anything in the pouring rain. I saw it last night under the lights and had a flash light with me. To the new owner: Good luck, your gonna need it.

jeff that car looked rough bro why did you go look at it? lol anyway got my AEM today and getting my 272s in another week or 2 so get ready to have some fun in the next video... :)

Geno~

1 - 20 of 25 Posts