Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Supra Fender Covers PM me
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be putting in my Blitz FMIC soon, any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated:D

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
off topic

how much did you pay for your blitz fmic
TonyG said:
I will be putting in my Blitz FMIC soon, any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated:D

·
Registered
197 Posts
Have a good die grinder handy! The install is similar to other FMIC's except for some cutting/grinding to the car in a few places. If you think you might want to change over to T bolt style clamps someday, save yourself the extra work and go to Napa and order them now to install as the intercooler goes in. I just went through and replaced mine when I installed the T78 and wished I had done this in the first place!

T

·
0 Posts
I don't think $1100 is the right price, because I remember that I bought it for $1500 before.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think Blitz has two different kinds of intercoolers, one is polished and the other one isn't. If its $1100 for the polished one thats a really good deal.

tsjza80 said:
I don't think $1100 is the right price, because I remember that I bought it for $1500 before.

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
Elliott said:
I think Blitz has two different kinds of intercoolers, one is polished and the other one isn't. If its $1100 for the polished one thats a really good deal.

Maybe he was just running a special, but it was the entire thing, polished hardpipes and end tanks.

·
Super Moderator
46,550 Posts
Make sure you get some zip-lock bags and majic markers.
There are a LOT of screws and clips on the front end.Make sure you lable EVERYTHING and tape the parts bags to the parts you take off so they don't get lost.ALL of the under covers and fender liners have to come off.Also you need a Dremel with a cut-off wheel to cut the plastic panels for the IC pipes.

I also agree about the T-bolt clamps ,,do them now while the nose is off the car.

If your doing clear side markers do them now.

If your doing H/L bulb upgrades do this now also.{headlights have to come out}

·
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the input guys. I was wondering if anyone had the size and amounts of the t clamps i need since i have not received the FMIC yet. I also will be putting on my Blitz front so hopefully that will help with clearance. Thanks again

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
TonyG said:
Thanks for the input guys. I was wondering if anyone had the size and amounts of the t clamps i need since i have not received the FMIC yet. I also will be putting on my Blitz front so hopefully that will help with clearance. Thanks again
You need at least 3.5" t-bolt clamps.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Here is a list for the Napa T bolt clamps to use with the Blitz FMIC.

1) #705-1531
2) #705-1532
1) #705-1533
8) #705-1534

I modified my list that I used to work with my T78 but this should be right for the twins. Hope it helps.
Again I must say, be prepared to grind metal from your car (not the bumper). You will need to enlarge the hole the the kit exits out of the engine compartment through the right fender. Then you will need to grind away some metal structure that will interfere with the top of the intercooler tanks on each side. Sorry but the Blitz bumper cover will not eliminate the metal grinding. At least you should avoid having to grind away bumper cover material in the turn signal area to clear the huge pipes that run into and out of the intercooler. Cover the engine compartment and the car with and old sheet before you start grinding!
Have fun with it!:wink:

·
Registered
458 Posts
The TRUST FMIC for the stock twins doesn't need any cutting of the boday metal... Haven't done the BLITZ on a Supra, but it turns out real nice on the RX-7s I've put them in... totally different install though.

·
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What was the napa code that you could get them for cheaper??
Well anyways i will definitly be taking a lot of pics and i will let you know how it goes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts