Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the install kit from mvp and they sent this hub but i had to buy both bearings for the tranny. I just got everything together and the hub doesnt slide all the way down. It gets caught right where the shaft goes smooth and my new hub is alot smaller then the stock 94 one. Does anyone know what to do? Its the twin disk if that matters

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,723 Posts
Since you purchased it from MVP, get ahold of Dusty. I'm sure he will help you out with all your questions. I don't have experience with multi disk clutches other then motorcycles.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well see heres the problem i greased the shit out of it and and just wont go. Lookin at the new hub it looks like it starts off the same size but then like a 1/4 inch down it reduces. Is there any way you can give me the part number to the hub your using?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do i use the stock hub in my car or this new one out of a older supra that mvp sent me with my install kit? I notice all the parts are out of a 86-88 supra turbo so im assuming you use the hub like what they sent me but why wont it fit?

·
Registered
13,569 Posts
I have the HKS triple and it was installed by local Supra buddies a few years ago so I'm going from memory, but I'm sure it takes some MkIII parts to make it fit the MkIV. ...Actually, I just cut and pasted this from MVP and those parts are needed for both the twin and the triple and the parts are sold as a kit:

"This is the package you need to install the HKS twin and triple clutches. It includes 8 new flywheel bolts and several parts from the 3rd generation supra that HKS designed this clutch to use."

Do you have those parts and it still won't fit?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right i have every part thats here on the hks instructions saying i need. Well heres the weird thing it says it takes all these parts from the mk3 but on the sheet i cant find the part number for the hub as it doesnt say i need one it just lists the throwout bearing for the hub mvp sent me. Now my install kit didnt come with a throwout bearing im thinking now that instead of sending me a hub bearing MVP sent me a whole hub and no bearing. Can anyone verify that this setup uses a stock 93-98 TT hub?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright here are pics of the new hub installed in the PP notice how it goes smaller right at the top it kinda just slopes in. I also took a pic of my old hub right next to it im not sure if you can see the size difference but its pretty obvious

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nevermind guys after talking to dusty and hks a couple times today i figured it out. The toyota dealer MVP goes through messed up and sent me the actual hub from a 86-88 supra instead of the hub bearing. So you use the 94TT hub with all the mk3 parts weird huh? Its all good now thanks to Dusty at MVP takin care of me thanks again

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Never mind the mk3 parts it reuires doesnt fit on my old hub so back to the drawing board. Can anyone please help?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well like i said i talked to Dusty from mvp and he told me to use the stock 94 hub now the only problem is that all the parts HKS says to get to install this thing dont fit on my stock hub they are to small. I orderd a hub from a GE motor not sure if it will fit but its worth a shot at this point. Can anyone please help me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts