Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guys sell McIntosh amps? We don't have a local dealer, and the one in St Louis wants MSRP for everything. I already bought some other amps because I got so fed up with finding a dealer that would help me on McIntosh, but I would like to replace the amps I bought with the McIntosh amps I wanted later this summer.

Thanks,

Ethan

·
651 Posts
Custom Sounds is an authorized McIntosh dealer. We do have stores in St. Louis and if you are interested in getting the product there in St. Louis for a fair price email me privately.

Thomas Kenyon
Custom Sounds

T

·
0 Posts
Tom do you sell or deal with MMATS?? What is your opinion, best amplifier for the buck??

·
651 Posts
No, sorry but I don't sell MMats amplifiers.

I don't know too much about them other than I have seen them in a few SPL vehicles on the various SPL competition circuits.

Sorry, but I just don't have any more information on the line.

Thomas Kenyon
Custom Sounds
San Antonio, Texas
210-340-4000

M

·
0 Posts
Gotta love that MC4000M... it's by far the best amp I've ever heard, and/or had. :) I have one small gripe though. It's got 6 channels, and built in high-pass and low-pass crossovers, but when you want to run it it in 6 channel mode using the high and low pass xovers, it takes the low pass signal from the mix of channels 1-4. That would be great if you had a 4 channel out deck, but most of the high end ones these days also have a non-fading sub out. You can't use this with the low pass xover for channels 5 and 6. YOu either have to use an external xover(potential for added noise) or rewire the amp(what I chose to do). Another thing is that the amp is so huge, you have to mount it on the sub box. I was thinking of mouting min on the back of the back seat but it was to big!! When the amp sits on a bux with a couple 12" It tends to vibrate a little. You'll have to dampen inside the amp, and between the amp and box to prevent vibrations at mid bass frequencies (50hz-90hz). Good luck with yours. I know you'll love it! :)

[ May 24, 2001: Message edited by: mkivsupra ]

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thomas-

I will send you an email.. The St Louis McIntosh dealer wanted me to pay MSRP so I said screw it..

I already bought some Zapco amps now, but I am going to sell them within the next couple of months and pick up the MC4000M I have been wanting for the past 4 years! :)

-Ethan

T

·
0 Posts
What aplifier line, brand, does everyone think is the best?? I know MCintosh is good but what others are kickass??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts