Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw this new AFC NEO on Apexi's site. Just curious if anyone knows more about it yet? The display looks alot nicer. The only difference I can see performance wise though is 16 tables instead of 12
But Im not sure if there is more performance wide with it.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
hmm.. looks pretty cool.. can install it in more places if smaller (doesn't say exact sizes).. wonder on the price though..

·
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I seen from $379 from Titan.
I think the display is pretty cool. But I wonder if its worth $150 more then the reg SAFC. hmmmmm. Im ready to buy an SAFC today and not sure if I wanna spend the extra loot for some bling or not.

·
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called APEXi for fun. Im bored.
He said the size is 1/2 inch longer.
He said you lose the knock functions and the 2 map functions. I guess no huge deal.
We got into more convo and got him to add more tech info to the site.
It turns out instead of reading up to 7500 like the old ones this goes from 500 rpms-9950 rpms.
and can be adjusted in 50 rpm incraments.
Also can be viewed in numeric and graphical.
He said the screen is cooler and the buttons can be changed color wise 5 colors. Also helps alot for glare. Targa guys know all about that.

I might pick one up from Titan and see how it works out. He said since they released it in the US there hasnt been any glitches withit. He said before in Japan they had a few slight problems that were corrected for US production

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,129 Posts
I think it's cool.

For the extra cash, you must also be getting a pressure sending unit since it can display it.

Which is very neat.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
MK3Brent said:
I think it's cool.

For the extra cash, you must also be getting a pressure sending unit since it can display it.

Which is very neat.

That sounds like something mr. Dink would say.

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
I can testify that it is, in fact, a nice looking unit. A good friend happens to have one of the first units they brought to the states, and was possibly the first one to install it in a mk3. It fits pretty much perfectly in the ashtray hole, way better than the old afc. It also looks much better and has nicely laid out menus.

·
Registered
41 Posts
you lose the knock function ?

that sux... i was pretty set on getting one for my mercedes...but no knock would make me consider other units

1 - 11 of 11 Posts