Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A situation has presented itself that involves me having to move to Canada from California. Problem is the CIC website is not very forthcoming with how to go about this in simplified terms.

I suppose i would need to go into detail on what i mean by this. If anyone happens to know anything about this subject, or has even done so, please contact me if you dont mind providing a bit of help.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

I can be reached on aim at ewenix or yahoo at [email protected] or by pm on the boards.

Jeremy

·
Check Your Face!!!
1,417 Posts
whats your reason? legal troubles? marrying one of our canadian hotties? or are you doing it cause you want an imported car? heh

the easiest thing would be to apply for a student visa, or a workers visa. to get your canadian citizenship you need to live here for 3 years and have a clean record. at that point you can apply for dual citizenship, alternativly you can marry a canadian girl and that will make things much faster.

if you have a criminal record from the US, you may be shit outta luck to do this legally.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No criminal record. Looked into applying for a workers visa... But the CIC website looks a bit complicated when trying to understand what they say.

My interpretation is to apply as a skilled worker, i need to score xx number of points, which being that i do not speak french, and have not yet received a college degree, the only way i meet the required number of points to qualify is to be offered a job accepted by the HRSDC... not an easy thing from what i understand.

I will be marrying a canadian citizen, but we already have our date, and it would be nice to be there before this is going to happen, and even if we didnt wait, she cannot currently sponsor me as a spouse because of a couple other reasons...

Quite difficult it is it would seem. But i dont know.

Would be awesome to find a member here is the associated with immigration there in the legal sense for some advice :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts