Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has done this mod please explain where you wire into or direct me to a diagram somewhere.

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
One of the guys @ SP had faxed me a diagram, but the top was cut off, so it was hard to tell what to do. Give SP a call and hopefully they'll have time to fax the diagram to you.

I haven't had time to do anything but change my oil, let alone wiring in the lock-up switch.

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
What would the clockp essentailly do? Why would you want to keep it locked? Im very iinetersted

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It forces the torque converter to lockup even under wide open throttle. When you hit 3rd. gear you lock it and you will get a few more miles per hour in the quarter and a little faster trap speed. Right now with my automatic, if I am going wide open on the interstate, when I hit 135mph I will hit the rev limiter since it won't let the torque converter lockup under wide open throttle. I am mainly wanting to do it to get a little better quarter mile time and speed, but I also want to be able to force it to lockup if I am flooring it and nearing the rev limiter in a high speed run on the interstate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts