Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a rough idea of waht the length of the whole harness is after extending?

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I can go out and measure mine if you like. Mine is a Little long, but i can find ways to hide the wires rather then stretch them to the point of breaking.

I just need to know where you want me to start and the end point.

·
12,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes please if you can I would like to soldder up the other end of the harness
but I dont knw if I got the lenght right... ;)

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
BigTSetter said:
I just need to know where you want me to start and the end point.
Um, where do you want me to start the measurement? How about the back of the plastic harness holder on the intake manifold near the firewall?

I'll measure it all the way to the Final JZA70 connector. Some of the connectors will be shorter by about 1-4inches.

Does this sound okay?

·
12,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can you measure it from there and also from the furthest point of connector since my harness is apart i dont know where the plastic would go anymore! :(

·
Registered
288 Posts
I lenghtened mine 19-20". I can run it right across the top of the firewall, exactly where the old harness went. Wasn't too long either. DON'T lengthen it 30" as it states on some websites. That is way too long. The biggest thing is properly doing the shielded wires. There have been several folks that thought they had it right only to have to either run new shielded wires for the knock sensors or tear the harness apart. Do the research, and try a couple of test wires first to make sure you know how to get the shielding covering perfectly.

Good luck

Marty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts