Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,130 Posts
Lemme think.

one is a VSV, one is for the AC fans... and one is the thermostat sending probe.

Not sure what that other is for...pull out the TSRM.

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,130 Posts
One of them I broke off.... and I didn't have any issues.

I don't run the AC anyway, either.

·
SC61 Powered 90T
847 Posts
The green plug is most important because it goes to the ECU. If it is messed up your car with throw a error code and will run like shit.

The only other one I have hooked up is the temp gauge sensor which goes to the stock water temp gauge. You can also use this sensor wired to a autometer water temp gauge for a much more accurate reading

·
92 TURBO
1,008 Posts
60-1 Teg said:
This took me awhile to find so I hope you appriciate it

MK3Brent said:
Lemme think.

one is a VSV, one is for the AC fans... and one is the thermostat sending probe.

Not sure what that other is for...pull out the TSRM.

disturbed1 said:
cheers mate -so i take if if im not running aircon noo need for that sensor then

MK3Brent said:
One of them I broke off.... and I didn't have any issues.

I don't run the AC anyway, either.
^ The temp. sender with the blue connector (has blue w/ white stripe wire) turns on the 2 (or 3 on the GTE w/AT) electric fans when coolant temp. reaches 100C or 212F REGARDLESS of whether the A/C is on or off. Fans turn on @ 212F and Off @ 203F (100C & 95C). So do you need this temp sender connnected. The A/C high pressure switch will also turn on the same fans with the A/C engaged.
The 2nd temp. switch on the thermostat housing with the light green w/ red stripe wire closes at 112C or 234F. When it closes, it cuts the A/C off with a hot engine. This one you don't need if you're NOT running your A/C or if it's been removed.
Mike

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cheers for your imput - my thermos never came on even if the car just sat on the spot and idled for 20-30 min.... so i just removed the heavy bastards.. my car has never overheated or gone past the half way mark but an ally rad and twin thermos will be happening soon. this would def mean that i can remove that sensor right?? also just noticed my housing is a llittle different to that 1

on your pic what it the big sensor on top??

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
the big sensor is the bsvs for the charcoal canister. overseas cars did not have this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts