Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Sup James, that isn't the hood. It actually looks photochopped. Caus' if the hood went over the headlights, it wouldn't fit right. unless the part that goes over the headlight is super super thin.

·
Headlight Restorer
1,108 Posts
if it's not photochopped,
it's a stock hood modified to have the eye lids for the headlights molded onto the hood.

·
It's all ball bearings...
889 Posts
I saw that image on MKIVTrader a bit ago and it was intriguing. I imagine it has to a PhotoShop, the actual modifications needed would be extensive and obviously custom. I did however take some vinyl and approximate the lines of the hood as you see in the picture, covering the headlight from the edge of the fender to the top edge of the bumper where it meets the headlight. My MKIV is black, so it blended alright...not a longterm solution by any means, only for visualization purposes. I don't think I took any pictures of it, but I can get some more vinyl and give it another go without a problem. I can post them up maybe tonight if I can hit the vinyl shop. Gives the car a more aggressive look at least, but the hood & headlight mods to do it for real would be a bit tricky :)
Chris

·
Isabel & Bryan
673 Posts
i think that whole car looks pretty cool!

what kit is that? or is that also photochopped?

pretty damn good job if it is?

·
It's all ball bearings...
889 Posts
Eh, I feel kinda lame for posting these up since this is real low budget job with the vinyl and all, but here are the pics I promised above:

Here are a couple at night with the lights on:

I just got the usual black vinyl I have used for covering the wing holes in the past and threw it on quickly this afternoon. Obviously this works a little better in my instance as the car is black, not that this would be a permanent deal anyway. At least it gives you an idea of what the car would look like if someone could make this hood work, maybe inspire someone to make it.

Since I have leftover vinyl, I may try to see if I can black out the top portion of the headlight where the lined area of the lense is, basically making the lights more slit-like. I'll post some pics up when I give it a go. Guess anyone who wants my license plate number has it now :)
Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts