Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting together a basket case -88 turbo-and it is a big puzzle. The only thing that I can't figure out on the passenger side is a white wire (with an insulating sleeve around it) and a connector on the end-the kind that goes on a blade type sensor- which has this large (maybe 1 3/4" dia) grey rubber cap on it. It is in with the group of wires that come across the engine (just behind the cam gears) which include the wires that go to the sensors on the thermostat housing. Does anyone have a clue as to where it goes?

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
Pics please

·
690 Posts
Yeah that's what it is, I had mine FALL OFF about a week ago.. I taped that sucker on :bigthumb:

·
690 Posts
I can go take a pic of it hang on brb. You have to take off the Air Filter to get to it. :D

·
690 Posts
Okay I'm back hang on and lemmie load/host them

·
690 Posts
Here you go!
Far Out View...

Up Close View...

Hope that was helpful!

T

·
0 Posts
Also, the plug on the end of the wire does not plug straight into the sensor (on a spade, like other cars) but rather there is a raised protrusion on the end of the sensor, and the plug slides onto it from the side, then the rubber cover goes over the whole thing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks alot for the pics and advice. It is so nice to have this forum. It would have been a lot harder without it. I take it that it is just below the exhaust manifold bolt in your pic? Looks like you have a different car but I am sure the sensor is the same. Mine is an 88 turbo. Now if I can just figure out where the dtuff on the driver's side goes to. Will do a new post with pics for those.

·
690 Posts
Mines an 88 Nonturbo :D Believe me all Supras are Basket Cases, Just look how messy mine is! :D Also the answer to your question is yes, it's that white thing with the black tape all over it Lol

·
Building, Not Dismantling
690 Posts
I've been hunting for that sensor for a while myself, and knowing generally where it is, I still couldn't find it. I finally got smart enough to check it out on one of my parts cars just today. It is right close to the oil filter under the exhaust manifold. I believe it is just in front of it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts