Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I found this pic floating around the internet. I thought it might be someone on these boards. I was interested in the wheel/tire/suspension specs. If the owner isn't on here, can someone guess wheel size/sidewall height/approx. offset just by looking? Im not that familiar with Supras so don't know what is commonly used on them. I like the "stance" of this car alot. Maybe not the most practical setup, but looks great.

Thanks for your help,
J.

·
5,059 Posts
No idea who owns it but...

Looks like 19" Volk TE37's, probably running a 30 series tire.
Suspension is definitely a coilover setup (Tein's or HKS mostlikely)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anybody have any experience actually driving around on 30 profile tires? I heard people say that even with 40's you can feel every bump in the road. Maybe 30's are just for show cars and weekend drivers?

·
Registered
399 Posts

I have the same wheels in bronze, here's a link to my for sale ad which has all the info on offset size and what size tires i'm running.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=423278

I never ran a 30 profile on the wheels, its always been 35 all around. Some would say the ride is pretty harsh relative to an 18" wheel running a 40 or 45, but its not unbearable by any means. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me.

Ryan

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That first car i posted was a real lesson to me that sometimes subtle changes can make all the difference. Here's an example:

Same color car, same wheels (18"s or 19"s?), but doesn't have near the aggressive stance of the first car. Its nice, but kind of....blah. Although the offsets look similar, the tall sidewall and higher ride height kill the look. This car would be a much nicer daily driver of course.

@SofaKingfast: Your car looks like its kind of midway between the two examples I posted. Maybe not quite as slammed as the first car. Do you think the first car is really running 30 profile tires? Yours do look a little taller, but that could just be camera angle or the way he has the wheels almost tucked into the wheel wells.

BTW, I know you've already decided to sell your wheels, but I think that Anthracite/bronze combo is really nice and unique. Id keep it just for the individuality factor.

@Josh S: if you see the guy who owns the first car or know his screen name, ask him to post what his specs were at the time.

Well, thanks for everyone's comments!
J.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Don't worry, i'm selling them to get the same wheels (color and everything) only wider and with a more aggressive offset ;)

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
The owner of the first car is Ryan. He owns NorthEast Auto Design in Portland Maine.

You can get a hold of him through his website www.forperformance.com
Great deals on VOLKS too. He's also the only HKS Authorized Warehouse Distributor in the North East. He's also an F-Con VPRO qualified tuner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts