Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've purchased this BOV to accomodate the new turbo (GT4088) that im installing in about 2 months, but right now, running 15psi on an upgraded CT the thing barely opens.
I was wondering if anyone knew of places that sell softer springs for this BOV.
Does anyone know if a spring from the SSQV or the ebay knock-off of the SSQV would work?

This site seems to be selling them, but i've emailed them 3 times and got no response.
http://www.alamomotorsports.com/productsbycat.html?/indexcat.html

Anyone has any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Has the bov been acting like this ever since you upgraded the CT? Both of my bovs i owned never opened enough after i upgraded the turbo so what i did was got a better vac source for the bov off of the front of the intake manifold. Not the one on the back of the manifold. Ever since i did that the bov has been opening even at 2psi and then at 15 it screams.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I never heard of a softer spring for that bov.
your gonna need at least 20+ psi to make that thing open up as it should

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
supra8795 said:
Has the bov been acting like this ever since you upgraded the CT? Both of my bovs i owned never opened enough after i upgraded the turbo so what i did was got a better vac source for the bov off of the front of the intake manifold. Not the one on the back of the manifold. Ever since i did that the bov has been opening even at 2psi and then at 15 it screams.
When i first got the bov i hooked it up to one of the small vacuum lines on the TB and it didnt open at all. Then (a couple of days ago) i hooked it up to the bigger vacuum line that connected to the stock BOV and now it opens but still kinda quiet (at 15 psi), but atleast i can hear it.

I already asked Dusty and he said that softer springs for this BOV dont exist, but i refuse to believe that. There have to be companies that make them, like the one i linked to in the original post.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
why not just get a spring from a store or something?
even from a greddy type s bov, it has dual springs and they can be had for fairly cheap
should be fine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts