Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
!black
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(ahem.. xeon supra..)

I need any local/near local guys w/ TT mkiv's to help me out :) I need to test my ECU, I've been tracking a few odd problems every since my swap. All I want to do is put my ECU into another car and see it if starts normally. ECU is located under the passenger side side carpet in the foot well, it's easy to get to. Shouldn't take long to do the test, I'll buy a case of beer (or your drink of choice) or dinner for whom ever helps me out. Or, if someone has a spare working ECU they could let me borrow for a day, I'd appreciate it.

Any takers?

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
James, I guess I'm one of your only options, but I'm just not going to be able to work it out at the moment. As you know, it's my daily driver so It's not like I could just drop it off at your house and drive something else for the day, or I would...I need to get around and that's my only way. I'd offer it up this weekend or next, but I've places to be both days and I'll also be studying for Finals in every minute of my spare time. After Finals and my soccer season is done with I'd be happy to help you out. The only problem is that will be in June. If you still need it done then I should be able to help. I hope there's someone else around that can help ya out. Send a PM to "Ubermensch" - he just totalled his Supra and lives in Spartenburg. He may be able to just take it out and give it to you. Good luck, James. :bigok:

·
!black
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can borrow my 330i for a few hours ;)

Thanks for the attempted help man, I appreciate it. I'll see what I can find, worst case I'll buy another ECU to test with. I could always resell it.

James

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
Well if you don't find anyone to help ya I'll definately do it this summer when I've got some free time. I've got an SAFC-2, BCC, and MBC sitting here in my room that need to go on the Supra. After we try your ECU you can help me install those parts instead of getting me beer, since I don't drink anyways. ;) Hows that sound?

·
!black
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's cool. Do you work at night? Just curious, the ECU testing wouldn't take more than 20-30 minutes. I'm litterally looking to just plug mine up and turn the key, or take someone elses and put it in my chassis. Just trying to rule out a dead/flaking ECU, since the problems have been so erratic.

Anyway, other people chime in damnit! ;)

James

1 - 8 of 8 Posts