Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
17,266 Posts
Some nice mods included for the price of that one. Should make someone pretty happy I'd say.

·
GT-R DUN, Son.
3,491 Posts
posting is down...assume is was a R32? R33?

·
GT-R DUN, Son.
3,491 Posts
damn I missed it what was the price? been seeing them inch down to 65Kish

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
damn I missed it what was the price? been seeing them inch down to 65Kish
If i recall it was $65k-69k with some mods like brakes, suspension. NO aftermarket turbo.
I've seen better deals though. I saw several in the 55k range on autotrader 6 months ago. They weren't close to home though always in some small town in Kentucky.

You going to buy one?

·
Banned
38 Posts
If i recall it was $65k-69k with some mods like brakes, suspension. NO aftermarket turbo.
I've seen better deals though. I saw several in the 55k range on autotrader 6 months ago. They weren't close to home though always in some small town in Kentucky.

You going to buy one?
55k? wow!

·
GT-R DUN, Son.
3,491 Posts

You going to buy one?
Yeah looking for one that hasn't been f'ed with too much (stock) $65K was always my price range. Now that they are dropping down. Might be worth a road trip. Last vehivle I just bought off Ebay, flew out to Milwaukee and picked up the Ford lighting. Gave the guy the cashiers check.. he had the title, and that was that. Hell of a road trip across the midwest and rockies in the middle of winter.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Yeah looking for one that hasn't been f'ed with too much (stock) $65K was always my price range. Now that they are dropping down. Might be worth a road trip. Last vehivle I just bought off Ebay, flew out to Milwaukee and picked up the Ford lighting. Gave the guy the cashiers check.. he had the title, and that was that. Hell of a road trip across the midwest and rockies in the middle of winter.
GTR's seem sweet. As long as the transmission lasts. Ali has a whtie one and first time at the track was hitting 11.0 @ 128-129mph. I think he dyno'ed 550awhp. Stock twins of course.

Downpipe, access port, another fuel pump, injectors, e85 = 600awhp? Screw the 3k exhaust systems.

·
Administrator
17,266 Posts
I believe the one we're talking about was upper $60k and had some aftermarket wheels, but was definitely on stock turbos. I think it had an aftermarket exhaust too, which is one reason I felt the deal was pretty solid since I know they don't exactly give them away.

Mark, your deal is out there...and if it's not it will be soon now that the 2012 model is coming. Lots of R35 guys are already talking about selling and moving onto the new one, despite not that much of serious significance to separate them (particularly if you're willing to mod). :)

·
GT-R DUN, Son.
3,491 Posts
Thanks for the input Steve. Been eyeing them, and compared to the 2012 model, eh..like you said not that much difference to me to spend the additional what? 100k tag now?

That being said, I would buy a "slightly" modded, but at this point prefer stock (and sing along with me children) "till the warranty expires" before I'd mod. And if I mod it would be pretty light. I'm over the big dick horse power now. I'm just into an intense driving experience, at a reasonable cost. (a la not a porsche or ferarri or lambo), without having shit break when we mod our cars beyond factory (or much beyond).

Oh and nothing wrong with big dick power...just represent when you got it. Don't be a poser
PS. Speed racing ticket got reduced to an "11 over" and all the fixit tickets got dropped. gotta love lawyers.

·
Administrator
17,266 Posts
Mark,

Glad to hear the news regarding the tickets...I recently had a good lawyer experience myself and it makes a big difference!

I totally agree with you regarding the planned use of your future GTR. Having driven Stu's, I can say that just light mods definitely make that car a lot of fun, and I believe he's done more with his since I saw it last. That car is akin to playing a very fun video game, and I bet it's a pussycat to commute in too. I look forward to hearing that you've scored yourself one of these cars! :bigthumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts