Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone modify MKIV muffler to fit on MKIII?

i got a complete muffler and a tail pipe from the cat of 94 MKIV. this muffler was stored for approximately a decade, so its pretty new. got it for free.... so...

any attempt to cut it and reweld to MKIII muffler?

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
stock or aftermarket?

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
suposidly the aftermarket ones fit with some mods but I dont know how much is needed to modify, nor do i know if a mk4 stock exhaust would work.. good luck

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my cuz has this shit stored for like a decade and my muffler tips if crapping out due scrapes and bruises. the thing looks pretty damn new w/ y-pipe and other small stuff. so its pretty complete.

i got tools and a bit of time on my hand, just dont want that nice stock MKIV muffler go to waste. that answer ur question??? :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the stock MKIV muffler has double inlet, that double inlet comes from a Y-piped and i got that y-pipe.

i know its able to fit w/ some cutting and weld, just want to hear from somebody ever attempted it. its maybe stupid to do so, but i like the look of the MKIV muffler. plus, its FREEE!
Ckanderson said:
suposidly the aftermarket ones fit with some mods but I dont know how much is needed to modify, nor do i know if a mk4 stock exhaust would work.. good luck

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
yeah i wanted to do that myself at one point in time.
it does work and is possiable. my friend did it to his 88t before a big fucking ford f250 ran into it on the street and totaled it.
it looked and sounded good, quiet and has a nice rumble to it at wot.
i think the stock muffler has 2 inlets if i remember right, what he had done was welded a 2.5" pipes into one solid 3" section with a 14" long and 3" open resionator in the middle of his car. it was quiet and was not restrictive at all.
he also got the tip rechromed and it looked even better, he had it sitting at an angle just like i would on the mk2.
srry dont have any pics unfortunatly, but trust me get it done right and it will look and sound good. it cost him about 50 for the muffler itself (here on sf) and then another 100 bucks or so w/ all the custom work at a local muffler shop.
-sean

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah the MKIV has two inlet pipe, and i have the y-pipe that goes to it. i just hope i dont have to buy any other parts for it. ill be just modifying the y-pipes w/ the correct contour and weld it to fit to the MKIII pipe.

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
why even do this? :dunno:

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
simann said:
why even do this? :dunno:
why, b/c its a free upgrade for, and it is a very cheap 3" allternative, and its way quiet.
thats why. i liked it when my friend did it, and i garuntee he will to.
-sean

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
profuse007 said:
yeah the MKIV has two inlet pipe, and i have the y-pipe that goes to it. i just hope i dont have to buy any other parts for it. ill be just modifying the y-pipes w/ the correct contour and weld it to fit to the MKIII pipe.

nah dude just go full 3" all the way back like i posted above. it helps more and isnt stock. :bigthumb:
but its up to u. i wanna see some pics when ur done though.
-sean

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah thats what i had planned, i have a y-pipe w/ a single 3" inlet. ill chop the y-pipe and put it onto the dual inlet and extend the 3" pipe to MKIII pipe.

iono about adding a resonator. how would i go about that? where would i place it?

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
profuse007 said:
yeah thats what i had planned, i have a y-pipe w/ a single 3" inlet. ill chop the y-pipe and put it onto the dual inlet and extend the 3" pipe to MKIII pipe.

iono about adding a resonator. how would i go about that? where would i place it?

ok i think i get what your saying about the y-pipe, just post some pics when you get this done.
and as for the resinoator you can put it anywere on the exhaust. you will want it close but not to close to the muffler. i put mine right where the exhaust starts to bend at the rear. this will keep it quiet and sounding good.
-sean

1 - 20 of 22 Posts