Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
From approx. June 4th to August 5th I will be on vacation with my friend in Philadelphia. While im going to be in PA, im gonna have a lot of free time, so, I'd like to make some money doing swaps on the east coast. I do 1jz swaps on a fairly frequent basis in San Diego, so Id like to get out there and help some guys out that I would normally never meet.

So, if you need any work done on your car, send me a PM.

Or, if you live somewhere in the area of PA or around Id like to hear from you. Maybe we can get a little meet going while im over there.

Thanks,

Jon

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds good, my buddy lives in lansdowne, so ill be somewhere around philly, I think.

·
Registered
582 Posts
yeh you can check out damons collection of toyotas. :) and you can check out petes car also. 1jz powered mk2 baby.

charlie

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
swing by my area if u get a chance and check out not just my whip, but SPI...they have some nicey done mkiii's..cough cough 2j...cough...;)

·
evil will always triumph
2,226 Posts
wish u could be coming to atlanta LOL.... then maybe just maybe i could get all the wiring done correctly on my car so stuff will work haha

chris

·
Huh?
180 Posts
Think youd come around south jersey? My 1jz ran for a year then shut with a code 14&21 and hasent run since. A toyota shop looked at it and swaped the igniter in a 94tt and still worked but they are confused with my motor so they cant help any farther. Id pay you if you could help me fix it or find the problem so I could buy whatevers broke.

G

·
i'de be willing to meet up while you are around, my car should be finsihed about a week after you get here. i'm about 45 minutes from philly.

also, on June 11th, come to the big supra meet at Englishtown, its like 45 minutes from philly also. the thread is stickied in the MKIII section and the Northeast section.

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
whats wrong with your car? does it turn?

Supratrbox2 said:
Think youd come around south jersey? My 1jz ran for a year then shut with a code 14&21 and hasent run since. A toyota shop looked at it and swaped the igniter in a 94tt and still worked but they are confused with my motor so they cant help any farther. Id pay you if you could help me fix it or find the problem so I could buy whatevers broke.

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
you like to do harness work? lol.
Im about 30min from Philly.
ZHow much you charge just to get an idea? I could prob drop it in myself, but the wiring makes my butthole pucker. Im thinking about trying to get a clip very shortly though

·
Huh?
180 Posts
Jewishjalopi said:
whats wrong with your car? does it turn?
Yes it does. Sometimes it will start w/ no problem and will rev when I give it gas but will shut a few seconds after startup regardless if im on the gas or not. Other than that it just turns over and sounds like it wants to start. I pulled the coils and checked the plugs for spark and got a big spark from all the plugs. People keep saying it might be the ecu but im hopeing its not. Maybe its the crank or one of the cam sensors. Rick has been tring to help me along with this but its hard when the person tryin to help cant see the car for themselves to look it over. Or when you just dont understand.

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well when i come out to PA I will bring a 5speed ECu and Map sensor with me.

Jon

·
I have auto ADD.
4,567 Posts
Hmm.

I am in the process of selling my SUV right now. I was just going to buy a very nice 7m car, but if there is going to be a knowledgeable 1JZ guy in the area this summer, I may just buy a shell and a 1JZ front clip.

I'll be in Morgantown, WV, which is about 300 miles west of Philly. I don't know if you would want to travel that far for a job and I don't know if I will have an available garage to use. As of right now this is all speculation, but PM me the price you would charge to put a 1JZ in (plus I would pay for your gas and extra time maybe :dunno: we'll see what happens). If this does come to fruition later this summer, I will PM you.

Thanks,
Brewster

·
Huh?
180 Posts
How much are you planning on charging for your help? Cause I just spent over $200 at the yota service shop for them just to tell me its not the igniter. I have money but I cant afford to pay someone to look at my car and me still have no answers. But I feel your my best bet since you have 1jz knowledge and you at least understand this motor.

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well hopefully i can diagnose the problem for you. as for a price, less than $200 for sure.

Jon

Im pretty sure i wont be there for more than a hour.

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not really too professional about it, im always online so if you want me to look at it or whatever get PM me. we'll figure something out when i get to PA. btw, how far is jersey from philadelphia?

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
how far is maryland from philadelphia??? whats up with the harness.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts