Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok its adjustable and its there. i know it can help make power. so i hear more boost less timing. but how much less? any math that can help? how much retard per pound of boost? how far should my timing retard when i rev it up? i dont see any change in my timing when i short the ecu timing setting terminals. any electronics that will show live timing? i have a lm-1 wide band/data logger but i dont think i does timing. thanks to every one.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
not that easy

can't even guess as all the cars even the same model are different.

·
function > form
512 Posts
You pretty much need something to log knock and timing, and something to control timing advance/retard. Still, it's not that easy. Timing changes even with atmospheric values. Even two identical cars can be running different timing maps. There's no way to say "retard 3 degrees for every 5psi" because every car is different. You can't just set something like a base map for timing. If you haven't tuned your AFR yet, do that. Timing is a lot more sensitive, because there's no "safe range". It won't give much warning before it starts knocking. Unless you're aiming for high power levels, I'd let the ECU handle it. If you want lots of power, let someone else change the timing map.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts