Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious how many ole timers we got on here that actually owned theirs since it was new?
Still in love with it the same as the day they picked it up?
Anyone got pics from when they picked it up in the 80's early 90's?

Just thought this might be a fun post if there were a few.

·
Senior
1,484 Posts
Yonaga, whom I haven't seen post here in a while is an original owner. I miss my fully loaded mkiii n/a or not. Good challenge!

·
Rock'n Death with Spikes!
179 Posts
1984, 1989t, 1990t, 1992t(still have) and 94tt...traded the '89 in on the 90, then the 90 on the 92. I'll have to look for the pics but I do have a couple that show the car I bought and the trade in in the background... traded a '66 Vette in on the 94tt..

·
Registered
592 Posts
My friend bought my 88 new. He custom ordered it. He gave it to me 3 years ago.

Atleast thats close................lol

·
Registered
75 Posts
I bought my 87 Turbo new and still have it. It has only 64K because I stored it when I was working overseas. It looks and runs great and I have no plans to sell it. Too much fun to drive.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I was only 6yrs old when my car was made. :D

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
my dad was the original owner of my car....

-joe :run:

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
my dad was the original owner of my mk3... he's got some pics of it somewhere from when it was new

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thats cool /.
Keep em coming guys.
Itsa cool to know that peoples dads gave them to them and had them since new. Kinda like a keepsake of the family.

I saw some pics from TX2k6 or whatever and there were alot of older guys in the pics, so I would figure id ask who owned them since new. I was 11 when mine came out. lol. no dice for me. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
240 Posts
I traded my 78 celica (mark 0?) ,which my sister had gotten new, in for a 1990T which had 17000 miles on it back in 1991. I dont buy new cars because of the initial depreciation. But a 1 year old car with 17,000 miles on it is really a new car. I paid $14,000 plus trade in for a car that the year earlier stickered for $23,000.

Hal
90T

·
Registered
201 Posts
Original owner here purchased June 1990 auto n/a for 19K with 1K down and a trade of a 1986 MR2. Car still looks and drives pretty good with 214K miles.

·
Piyaud-Baka
201 Posts
I wish i had gotten it new, or my dad atleast, he wanted to get one, but hand to get a 4 door civic for the family, I was only 6 when my 91 came out

·
Registered
321 Posts
supra

This might not count, but it means a lot to me. My car was purchased where I work at today. One day we werent too too busy so I looked up the service history on my car and found service records since the car was bought brand new in 1987 by an older lady. My Supra was serviced at my work since 87 up until 2001, she came in for every service imaginable...Toyota Maintenance service, oil changes, tire repairs, light bulb replacements. I found out it was sold back to us in 2002 because the car was getting too costly to maintain...She now drives a Corolla XRS 6 spd haha. After that it was sold to one guy, sold it to the kid that I bought it off of...now me! I think it's really nice to know that the owner before took really goood care of your car.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts