Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys from Portland or the NW going to be racing at this event? I came up for one of the races last year at woodburn and I am coming back this year on that date to dragrace along with about 10 other friends/cars from Idaho.

I will be in Portland Friday at Torquefreaks with my friend while he gets his car tuned, then off to woodburn later that evening. I will be at the track both Saturday and Sunday for some racing. I was hoping to meet up with a few members while I was up there. So let me know if your planning on going!

Anyone know if these are Heads up races, or bracket races.

And most importantly will the GZ silver/grey supra be racing? ;)

Thanks Guys

Brett

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes, the april 23rd race is an import challege event and so are these dates:may 8,june 18,july 2,sept. 10, and oct 1.
We'll hopefully be ready by then, the car is in pieces right now. Still waiting for parts that were ordered last year, but as with custom parts, you have to play the waiting game. Good to see there still some real hi hp supras left in the NW . See ya at the track, ralph:D

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet! Sounds good. I will be racing the 23rd of April for sure and hopefully a few other of those events later on. The import races at my local track are a joke!

And yes it seems that the NW is lacking its fair share of fast high HP supars!

Brett

·
Registered
744 Posts
Ill probly show up but im not planning on racing unless i get some new rubber underneath my supra. Hope to see you all there! :)

-Brian

·
1st Lieutenant Team BEYAW
1,915 Posts
I will try to get down there, but i wont be racing without DR's on my stockies

Ralph - did Brad ever call you this week about your Nitrous station? my bottles are empty ;)

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
Spoolin S T 95 said:
Ill probly show up but im not planning on racing unless i get some new rubber underneath my supra. Hope to see you all there! :)

-Brian
get some new rubber and show us your skillz :D

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This should be a good year for you and your car Chris...I cant wait to see what it does. Hopefully you will be able to come out to the track as well.

I wont be able to put a full cage/chute on my car for a while, but probably will sometime down the road.

Brett

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
ChrisBergemann said:
I'll definitely try to make it to the event. I'm looking forward to running without ET and MPH restrictions now that the cage, chute and everything else is taken care of.

See you there.

Chris.
Looking forward to seeing you racing again Chris. I plan to be there and rootin' for you and as far as that goes most all other Supras that I see dragin'...

·
Banned
942 Posts
93dawg said:
Looking forward to seeing you racing again Chris. I plan to be there and rootin' for you and as far as that goes most all other Supras that I see dragin'...
Thanks Jim... I have always appreciated your support...

I made the appointment to get my phyiscal for my NHRA license. The car should be certified very shortly. It is basically ready to race other than a couple minor things. The big things have all been completed. Now it's just about tidying up some stuff and tuning it.

I also have to make a few passes at the track to get my license in addition to the phyiscal exam. They do make it a pain but it is good for safety reasons.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Take care,
Chris.

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
TheMadSupra said:
Any of you guys from Portland or the NW going to be racing at this event? I came up for one of the races last year at woodburn and I am coming back this year on that date to dragrace along with about 10 other friends/cars from Idaho.

I will be in Portland Friday at Torquefreaks with my friend while he gets his car tuned, then off to woodburn later that evening. I will be at the track both Saturday and Sunday for some racing. I was hoping to meet up with a few members while I was up there. So let me know if your planning on going!
Brett

Brett we will be looking forward to seeing you and your Idaho friends at Woodburn again. Have fun and good luck drag racing.

·
Registered
141 Posts
There will problebly be a stock twined stalled Supra running Low 11's there. He was at the season opener....he was running 11.5's all day long babying it then ran a 11.22 and got kicked off the track! will be there watching 4 sure

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
BOOSTI said:
There will problebly be a stock twined stalled Supra running Low 11's there. He was at the season opener....he was running 11.5's all day long babying it then ran a 11.22 and got kicked off the track! will be there watching 4 sure
Why'd he get kicked off for 11.22 but not for 11.5?

He's not on this forum?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts