Supra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found pics of these wheels for sale out in california. they are 19x10 and 19x11 w/ +18 offset all the way around. anyone know what make/model they are?

they defnitly look about 10 years old... so, semi-old school.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, i know ive seen them before... but i never really paid attention.

·
Ronin
1,215 Posts
actually, that used to be the equivalent of work equips for euro tuners.. i remember years ago wanting those wheels for an e36 m3. if nobody chimes in with the name, ill find it this evening when i get home.

·
Ronin
1,215 Posts
nevermind i remember.. they used to call them monoblock , there was a 2 and 3 piece version. now they changed it a little and call it the crown jewel.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ahh, so its MAE... i thought it was a G... iwas looking for work/panasport mag's.

lol. those wheels just intriguiged me. i thought i had seen them somewhere else before.

good lookn out Majik!

btw. +18 on those wheels makes for a huge dish. the closer to 0 or negatve offset, the more dish you get. +45 and more makes for less dish. i HATE face wheels, and wheels w/ no lip. if i wanted to have high offset wheels w/ no lip, id be driving an FWD.

let me guess, +22 offset on Blitz Z2's in 18x9 and 18x10 is gay too?

·
Ronin
1,215 Posts
MAE is the company name. They were hard to get too, they were popular when everyone was trying to get manaray ms6's for the 4th gen supras.. if you have been in the supra game that long. wow.. i just dated myself.

yah, those are like ae86 offsets, or something an old school drift car would use. with a mk3, stick to the +40ish on a wide wheel, or e-mail nick, i think he has about the least amount of offset of anyone on the boards that still fits about right.

you would have liked the wheels on my old datsun, 17x10 on the rear, dead 0 offset. i could put a coke can down in it.

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
flubyux2 said:
ahh, so its MAE... i thought it was a G... iwas looking for work/panasport mag's.

lol. those wheels just intriguiged me. i thought i had seen them somewhere else before.

good lookn out Majik!

btw. +18 on those wheels makes for a huge dish. the closer to 0 or negatve offset, the more dish you get. +45 and more makes for less dish. i HATE face wheels, and wheels w/ no lip. if i wanted to have high offset wheels w/ no lip, id be driving an FWD.

let me guess, +22 offset on Blitz Z2's in 18x9 and 18x10 is gay too?
I don't think turbonator was making fun of the offset, I think he was just pointing out that it won't fit on a supra. If anybody's going to make fun of those wheels, it'll be the face of the wheel they're making fun of. It's very plain and the center cap design and holes date the wheel.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah, i feel ya zach. thanks for the low down Majik. i was positive i had seen them on some old auto salon pics of a MKIV or something of that nature. i figure i placed them about right, being 10 years old, or that area.

im a fan of the old school stuff... just the same way alot of the corolla kids are old school fanatics.

the face of the wheel is definitly not pretty by today's standards. but at the time that MK3's were still pretty and MKIV's were Just coming out... these wheels were pretty. its a fashion thing. disco style came back around, so are old school jdm parts. especially cosmetic/body parts. who knows... these wheels on a supra could be the same as the Advan SA3-R's; an acquired taste.

can anyone photoshop these on a Black MK3?

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
not always, but its a good indication, generally speaking.

USUALLY, low/zero/negative offset yeilds deep dish wheels. but you can also get wheels with lip/dish by utilizing a "hight disc" and high offest on wide wheels. MKIV's specifically call for High disc and high offset to clear the front calipers on wheels even 8" wide. alot of wheels for cars w/ big brakes dont usually have big lip/dish, unless the spokes curve back inward before they attach to the rim of the wheel.

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
lol at matches the avitar

1 - 19 of 19 Posts