Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be replacing my brake pads soon, originally I was thinking of using Raybestos or something a little better than stock but for a little more cash the KVR's look like a pretty good option. I hadn't plan on changing the rotors as they are in good shape.

Can anyone comment on their experiences with KVR pads? Are they worth the extra cash over Raybestos organic pads for daily (aggressive) driving?

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
i liked the kvr pads but they took a bit to warm up and kinda dusty. once they did warm up they did have excellent stopping power and didnt fade too bad. i have tried i dont know how many diff pads and have yet to find some im 100% happy with.
the porterfield pads are nice, but more expensive.
the hawk pads were great, but no longer made for our car.
vgx pads were pretty decent, but not the stopping power of kvr.
the raybestos and the like i thought were terrible all the way around.

dave

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,147 Posts
I hated my KVR's almost killed my self... thing did NOT stop for 1000KM.. I couldn't lock up the tires or even stop well! VERY dangerous..... They eventually wore in and where pretty good after that...

After having porterfields I'll never buy anything diffrent. I stop on a dime and they hold the heat very well... Amazing pads... best I've ever had.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
where would one buy these porterfields?

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
I have KVR's on my car now with Brembo slotted rotors. I like the pads alot. I never had them fade, I drive my car hard. I would recomend them for sure. You must break them in corectly or they wont work very good for the first few hundred km's.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, I've read many good reviews on Porterfields but they're twice the price so I think I'll give the KVR's a roll. Not sure what to do about my rotors though, my current rotors are in good shape but I don't want to spend money on good pads to have them fuck up. My debate is between Napa aftermarket $35, brembo OEM replacements $70 and (not sure about this one) Snyper cross drilled and slotted $81.

Any recommendations here?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
i'd personally go for the oem replacements and have them cryo treated. Drilled imo is a waste of time as you are potentially causing problems with cracking, etc. Slotted...ok, maybee but have them heat treated first to assure maximum life. In your situation i would say brembo oems.
adam

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Adam, What is cryo treated?

Not to sound cheap but will I notice the difference between brembo rotors and quality aftermarket ones? I've been using aftermarket rotors for years and never had any issues, infact I kinda like the fact that they are disposable, I do all my own work so I don't have availability to service or turn my rotors, they are so cheap these days just through them out and get new.

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
i have powerslots, they are very nice. unfortunatly i used raybestos pads, which are crap. ill be switching to KVR or TRD pads in the near future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts