Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i went single and did my wiring for my MAP sensor and IAT, my wires were not the correct colors...in fact they were the colors for a N/A supra...i ran the VIN and it was correct...97 TT 6 speed...but why were my wires the wrong colors? Im talking about the wires in the MAF you use for the IAT

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
MAF's change hands in the for sale section a good bit. I dont know about any differenced between the GTE and GE, but maybe someone replaced your MAF with a used one off an NA.

Those things are a bitch to clean, especialy if the got oil in them from an improperly oiled filter. Alot of people just opt to buy a used one if theirs get fouled.

·
11,217 Posts
An OBDII NA MAF can be used in the TT, but it's calibrated for 330cc injectors. So I doubt you have an NA MAF.

Color diagrams change over the years. What made you think you got the color codes for the NA instead of another year TT?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no no, i think you are misunderstanding, i eliminated the MAF and changed over to MAP, but i spliced into the wires to run leads for the IAT sensor i installed in my manifold....harness is untouched, just that when i was splicing, the wires didnt match what the TIS site said the colors should be for a 97 TT 6 speed

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
supratt320 said:
The GTE maf has different colors between the 93-96 and 97-98.
Check this link out: http://www.moreboost.org/dual_maf.htm

thanks for the link, yeah i have a green wire with black tracer, the wiring diagram says it should be pink, so im ok.....well everything workes fine anyways, i just wondered if anyone else ran into this

1 - 6 of 6 Posts