Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
USDM 94 TT 6spd, bone stock.

Car was down for maintenance and found a nickel size hole in the radiator that the previous owners filled with some sort of hole sealer. Gunked up the whole thing.

Ended up replacing the stock radiator with a Koyo R1856. I’m now having some problems with the stock air intake inlet rubbing on the hood and forcing the hood to look unbalanced.

Anyone have similar issues or any recommendations? Should I just get rid of the intake or somehow modify it?

Open to suggestions, pictures include for clarification.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,688 Posts
I had the same issue when I tried to use that top snorkle with my Mishimoto radiator. They aftermarket radiators are flat on top, unlike the curved top of the OEM. So the top snorkle won't fit. I have a Max Air box instead of the OEM airbox. I ditched the top snorkle, but kept the bottom one (the one that goes under the passenger-side headlight).

Reactions: DaTaSPiKe

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the same issue when I tried to use that top snorkle with my Mishimoto radiator. They aftermarket radiators are flat on top, unlike the curved top of the OEM. So the top snorkle won't fit. I have a Max Air box instead of the OEM airbox. I ditched the top snorkle, but kept the bottom one (the one that goes under the passenger-side headlight).
Thank you for the information. I am just now reading up on these aftermarket air boxes, do you happen to have a link for the one you're using?

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,688 Posts
do you happen to have a link for the one you're using?
This is the Max Air box. If you don't use the top snorkle, you want the top rectangular hole to be left closed (not cut), so you'll have to arrange that with MVP before purchasing:

Max Air Box on MVP

·
599 Posts
I've got a Mishimoto radiator and didn't have a problem with the factory airbox:

IMG_5322.jpg

_DSC3211.jpg

Reactions: Wreckless

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got a Mishimoto radiator and didn't have a problem with the factory airbox:

View attachment 258209
View attachment 258210
Thanks for responding.

Can you tell me what year you have?

Any chance you can take a low front facing view that shows radiator height above frame and the inlet?

And perhaps a side view of the inlet to show the gap between radiator and inlet?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Try trimming the mounts that slip onto the bottom of the radiator. Might make it sit a bit lower so it can fit. I just ended up removing that snorkel unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Try trimming the mounts that slip onto the bottom of the radiator. Might make it sit a bit lower so it can fit. I just ended up removing that snorkel unfortunately.
Thanks for the suggestion. Are you meaning these?

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,688 Posts
I've got a Mishimoto radiator and didn't have a problem with the factory airbox
How? Did you "squish" the snorkle, or modify it an any way? I have the Mishimoto "x-line" (3-row) radiator. Is that what you have, or do you have the "standard" (2-row) model?

·
599 Posts
Thanks for responding.

Can you tell me what year you have?

Any chance you can take a low front facing view that shows radiator height above frame and the inlet?

And perhaps a side view of the inlet to show the gap between radiator and inlet?
I have a 93. I have since gone back to an HKS SMF so I really don't have any useful photos for you but here is a quick front facing view of how it sits now.
IMG_2910.jpg

How? Did you "squish" the snorkle, or modify it an any way? I have the Mishimoto "x-line" (3-row) radiator. Is that what you have, or do you have the "standard" (2-row) model?
I have the standard 2 row model. I installed this close to 10 years ago but I do not remember having to modify it in any way for fitment with the factory box.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys for the pics and suggestions. Guess I now have plans this weekend.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts