Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking of picking up some Fidanza Cam gears for cosmetic (red) and timing purposes. I used them in my built 4G63 and wondered if they are good for the 2JZGTE platform as well?

·
Super Moderator
10,161 Posts
I avoid Fidanza because there are other much better options on the market for literally everything they make, and they also stole their 7M-GTE cam gear design from a prominent 7M guy that participates here.

If you need a 2JZ cam gear, the Powerhouse Racing gears are by far the best and they offer locks to guarantee no slip from a desired adjustment. The Tomei gears were nice too but they're discontinued and didn't offer any locks.
Avoid HKS gears that are purple with the blue outer gear ring, and avoid old school AEM gears too - the 3 bolt design of both is a known failure point, but the big problem with both are the aluminum outer rings were not anodized deep enough, and the timing belt literally eats the aluminum away from the cam gear in short order. Later HKS gears had a chrome outer ring that does not have this problem, but still has the weakness of a 3 bolt design.

Reactions: Madara808
1 - 2 of 2 Posts