Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can easily afford any speaker I want. However I do not want to drill a hole for the component tweeter.

I listened to the focal 165ca and they sounded really good!

What options are there is I do not want to drill for the components. If none, I will be doing the focal coaxials

·
Registered
691 Posts
spend an afternoon to get to the factory tweeters or build a tweeter bridge... with the bridge you would have the tweeter suspended above the component woofer and hald in place by two of your screws that are holding in the woofer...

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Focal makes some excellent stuff! But really, use a component setup and spend the time to get to the tweets. It's worth it in the end and all it takes is your time, nothing more.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,
#1someguys and yellow97tt6spd you two seem to be in the know when it come to this car audio stuff. Yellow, I really like your idea about a bridge, If I understand you correctly, I can just have the installers build a thin bracket , I will have to see about doing that. I heard the factory tweets are a hassle to remove, however I have seen a post where some have remove them from the top???(I would think that would damage the grills).

·
Registered
691 Posts
It doesn't need to be a thick bracket...just imagine and triangle where the bottom looks like a smiley face and uses two of your four screwholes...all the weight it needs to support is of the tweeter, so it doesn't need to be very beefy...some speakers offer this...you might want to try doing a search of google to see what I mean.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
It isn't a bad idea depending on the components you get...some component's woofers will have a surround that protrudes from the mounting bracket, or will have greater excursion which would simply cause the tweeter to get smacked around.

The best idea would be to replace the factory tweeters but you could also do A-Pillar pods for them which wouldn't take much effort...or get a braxial which is sort of like a coaxial but the tweeter is mounted on the side of the woofer cone, it removes the center poll and allows for better imaging as well.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I will research that bracket Idea, Idi like the components for the sound. I am suprised the salesman at cartoys did not mention this??

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm just saw the braxials. They are nice

Braxials setup

I might go with these

·
Registered
691 Posts
those are what i was talking about, i just didnt know their real name... my way was for if the bridge wasnt already there...

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks yellow/1someguy... you two have really helped me on this one!

·
Registered
691 Posts
youre welcome

1 - 12 of 12 Posts