Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
greasemonkey
3,134 Posts
theres a few, but parts are hard as crap to find and they dont make much power. only 2l displacement.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Im pretty sure this engine came with less stock hp and torque than the 7M-GTE. im not exactly sure though

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
theres a few, but parts are hard as crap to find and they dont make much power. only 2l displacement.
actually they make more power than a stock 7mgte (but with less torque), and the stock turbos have higher potential than a stock ct26. also, most of the parts that normally require servicing (accessories like power steering and a/c) are identical to those off the 7m, so parts are more common than you would expect. the 1ggte is definitely the most underrated motor available to the supra.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Pretty cool engine... but for a smaller car.

·
Sound Performance
3,062 Posts
I never understood why people with 7M's don't run their intercooler piping like this.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
1G-GTE AE86's are pretty sweet :).

·
Registered
894 Posts
slower than my not runing rx-7....

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hood clearance.

I don't understand that....Hood clearance, do the 1G-gte supra's have a higher rising hood.

I know what alec was saying, there was a thread awhile ago, I asked the same question and it was discussed to some length, I mean theoretically, just move the coil packs to the back of the valve covers, and I think you'd be good to go, I took a quick glance, but i'm sure there is more.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hood closes but support may have been cut, I cant remember since I havnt seen the car for a while. This is how I plan to route my pipes.
And of course the pipe can be flattned like the 1ggte for more clearance, and a lowered alt also makes more space.

suprafredde

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hood closes but support may have been cut, I cant remember since I havnt seen the car for a while. This is how I plan to route my pipes.
And of course the pipe can be flattned like the 1ggte for more clearance, and a lowered alt also makes more space.
suprafredde
See that's a good idea for us with 7m's, but that engine bay, is just to messy for me. I like clean and simplistic, that's why I think I'd like the 1g intercooler pipe instead of that one, because it looks like it's supposed to go. Just my opinion though

1 - 20 of 26 Posts