Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have a local dealer (nearest one is over 200 miles away) and need to check some pricing on an amp or two...

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Car or home? :)

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
I can check price for both...PM me model #'s

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,924 Posts
^^

werd

we used to be a McIntosh dealer, but we don't really deal with them much anymore

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since a couple of you can check pricing I will just post the model numbers here...

MC406M
MSS630

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh? Do tell.... there better be some Meridian gear involved! ;)
hahaha.. not right now.. I just did my living room setup so I can take my time with the dedicated room.

The living room got:

Cary Cinema 11
Parasound Halo A52
B&W 804s
B&W HTM3s
B&W SCMs
Escient SE-D1 for DVD Management
Lumagen Vision HDP for video processing/scaling
Panasonic 50" 9uk plasma and had an isf calibration on that and the lumagen
PS3 for BD playback because all the BD players on the market suck right now

This will hopefully tide me over so I can do the dedicated room properly with dsp7000s all the way around and a nice 2.35:1 video setup. :agreed: I doubt my wife thought when I said I was going to do something small in the living room to hold me over that I would end up spending nearly 20 grand on it. lol

I may start construction on the dedicated room sometime soon, but I am sure that project will drag on forever as I have other things we need to buy too for the new house (new fence, large retaining wall and landscaping work, some new furniture, etc.) so I have to manage my budget a bit better than I have always done in the past. :)

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Very nice!!! This hobby makes the car hobby seem like a bargain doesn't it? :)

I recently got some dedicated 20 amp circuits installed and it made a big difference. No more dimming lights when I power up the amps! :D

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very nice!!! This hobby makes the car hobby seem like a bargain doesn't it? :)

I recently got some dedicated 20 amp circuits installed and it made a big difference. No more dimming lights when I power up the amps! :D
I am sure I will have to have some dedicated circuits ran for the dedicated room (among other things)... Was that pretty simple/inexpensive to have done?

I am scared to get into the dedicated room because just the equipment with no labor, design, calibration, etc. I think would be close to six figures for the kind of stuff you and I look at. I will have to do some major ass kissing to get that to fly under the radar around my house! haha

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Yea - you can have new circuits put in for a couple hundred bucks. Use one circuit for all the analog gear (I have my amp and pre-amp on it) , and the other one for all the digital stuff (CD/DVD/processor).

For the dedicated room - just buy all the gear used on A'gon and let someone else absorb the 50% depreciation! :)

·
93 Hardtopper
834 Posts
Mcc301m
Mcc602tm
Mcc302
Mcc404m
Mcc404
Mcc204
Mcc406m

The TM model is in the 3 grand range I think.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts